Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock grip angle

Glock grip angle

In a most literal sense.

Has anyone actually measured a slide to grip angle with a protractor or a similar device? Is it really different from other guns?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

It is not just the Glock grip angle. The exaggerated palm swell low down on the back strap also makes them point high for many.

http://i.imgur.com/VjDHn.png
    Last edited by pblanc; 10-16-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    In a most literal sense.

Has anyone actually measured a slide to grip angle with a protractor or a similar device? Is it really different from other guns?
    I haven't done it, but I read about it: 22° off square, while the 1911 is 18° off square.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by pblanc View Post
    It is not just the Glock grip angle. The exaggerated palm swell low down on the back strap also makes them point high for many.

http://i.imgur.com/VjDHn.png
    The 34 is much improved with a Grip Force Adapter, IMO.

I just dug out my old protractor and measured it. It's an estimate, because there's no clean angle between the trigger guard and the grip, and the grip of my G19 Gen4 isn't straight (finger bumps). But yeah, I wouldn't argue with a 22° angle.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pblanc View Post
    IMO, the hump makes a bigger difference than the angle. If you hold a Glock mag and then an M&P/Beretta/Sig mag in your strong hand and point as if it was the pistol, it won't feel so drastically different.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

This is completely subjective, but I notice very little difference in grip angle feel between a gen4 G19 and a S&W Shield. I was worried that carrying and training with a G19 as a primary and using a Shield for a gym gun would get me killed in the food court, but the two just don't point that differently. And no, I haven't actually measured them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    This is completely subjective, but I notice very little difference in grip angle feel between a gen4 G19 and a S&W Shield. I was worried that carrying and training with a G19 as a primary and using a Shield for a gym gun would get me killed in the food court, but the two just don't point that differently. And no, I haven't actually measured them.

It's a high threat environment. There is the third degree burns you're liable to get from all the extra oil on those Sbarro slices, and of course the heart attack from Triple Cheeseburgers.

Stay frosty.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Apparently, with the exact grip angle issue resolved, YVK has now headed to the range to shoot his new G26.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lol...

User Tag List