Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to max perform Mr_White's school test

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    It's all about the draw in my mind.
    Nope, it is all about the hits.

How you get there might be different. You get a Gabe-like draw speed, you can shoot splits at a rate that you have a reasonable chance controlling. You don't have his draw, and most don't, you can still get the Beast if you control that P2000 in recoil like a boss. After it was all said and done, I ended up one close C and one lucky miss B away from a Turbo pin - both on body shots that I didn't control visually and physically. Faster draw likely could've helped but wasn't strictly needed.
    Then there's a question of personal development and time allocation. I think I have a decent concealed draw. The one test of Gabe's that I can do reliably, and did in the class, on the Beast level is two to the head from concealment. That speed still doesn't translate into a one second draw to the body needed for a sub-2.0 Bill. I can spend additional time trying to get there but I just don't know if that's something that is really that important in any practical sense. However, getting to better than 3A/3C on follow-up shots in BD when I crank up splits to under .20 seems to be a better global development process: staying tight yet loose, the trigger finger work, the sight tracking work etc.
    But yeah, can't have an average draw for this stuff.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-17-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Recently, I repeated the test with a Glock 26 and HK45C. I was able to make standard 4/8 tests with the 26, but just couldn't meet the times on tests 1,2 and 4 with the 45C. That was an eye opener for me.
    So, trigger or .45 vs 9?
    Last edited by SteveB; 10-18-2016 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    So, trigger or .45 vs 9?
    Trigger is fine, .45 in short, light gun is issue.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List