Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AIMING IS USELESS! Tips from TGO

Practice is the only way you'll really iron those things out. Don't overthink it, you're just squeezing a chunk of plastic and pushing a little lever with your finger.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    I'm a lefty, and switched to Glock a few years ago. I shot consistently right with good groups. Really problematic, because I could shot center of target with 1911s and Sigs.
    I wondered why.
    So, I research my few areas of expertise on this issue.
    Pistol-Forum was my first research stop.

I found Surf. To my mind, he explains exactly why the Glock shoots right or left.
    Go here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....59-Glock-Stuff
    The third video is the video to watch and the good info starts about 16 min.
    Surf has other videos on the subject as well.

Surf cured my issue.

Also there is a Pat McNamara video floating around here somewhere where he says that he cured his problem with more finger on the trigger.
    Last edited by wrmettler; 10-20-2016 at 12:33 PM.

They say that the best way to learn something new is to read an old book. I'm working on Askins' "The Art of Pistol Shooting" which was originally published in 1939. How does he recommend teaching trigger control?

"During the first week of snapping practice no attempt should be made to aim the revolver. Simply hold the weapon in firing position, and under the vigilant eye of a coach, squeeze the trigger. Continue the snapping practice for fifteens minutes every day. After a week of concentration on the trigger pull, setup a target…"

In other words, after almost two hours of learning to manipulate the trigger without disturbing the sights, then you add a target and a generous one at that.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Just got a nice text from Robbie saying how much he enjoyed Wayne in class.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just got a nice text from Robbie saying how much he enjoyed Wayne in class.

I had a blast in the class! Rob is a great teacher (not instructor, but a teacher) of the pistol and is funny and very approachable. He loves to blow up all the conventions of the pistol and its training and get down to what really works. I walked away with some different methods and ways to do old methods better. Great class!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List