View Poll Results: Glock 43 vs M&P Shield 9mm

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 43

38 55.07%
  • M&P Shield 9mm

31 44.93%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help deciding between a Glock 43 and Shield?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FWIW, I plan on finalizing the design for the 43 next week, then getting some prototypes machined and tested. With any luck, I should be able to go in to full production on the 43 variant in early 2017. While I'm not terribly fond of the idea, I might do a crowdfunding thing again since I'm a #poorfag. I guess it really depends upon full-size gadget sales and whether or not I can get those to turning a profit.

Can Hashtags work on this forum?
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Help deciding between a Glock 43 and Shield?

I prefer the Shield. I have had zero issues with slide bite while shooting the Shield, and the thing is so easy to carry I forget it's there. My dad spent the last month and a half in the hospital ICU then home hospice. I spent everyday there, as well as sleeping at the night at the hospital numerous times. I used a DSG AIWB clip holster almost 24/7 in what is easily classified as a NPE. I even slept with it on me without issue. It's usually a BUG but in this environment it quickly became a primary with no issues or concerns.

I'm positive those same things could be said about a G43 however, the small frame Glock slides love to chew up my hand. That makes them a no-go for me. I would like to blame it on hand size but Chris Fry loves his 43 and his hands are the same size as mine yet he has no issues with slide bite. I'm sure he attributes this lack of issues to his higher intellect or that he's really incredibly good looking but I'm sure it's something to do with me doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 10-14-2016 at 07:28 PM.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    That is exactly my main purpose for the 43...
    Ditto. Pocket carry a 43 about everyday, even with my G19 on my waiste.

I haven't shot a shield, just handled a few times. But for me the 43 carries over an awful lot of from other glocks. Feel/grip is obviously a lot different (smaller) but pressing the trigger in dry practice and live fire is very familiar. Might be cause I previously carried/practiced with an LCR for a pocket gun, but I've been really impressed with my ability to shoot the little 43 well (for me anyways).
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

P.P.S.

The Shield is a great gun, I've had a few years dedicated to M&P's worked over by Apex Tactical and I realized that they are just not for me. I prefer shooting blocky grips like on the Glock over guns that may 'feel' more ergonomic, just like how GJM compared the USP grips to the P30 grips IIRC.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

I like Glocks. I don't like small frame Glock slide bite. I developed these scars years ago, but thankfully now I can say the Grip Force Adapter is a thing.

"There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post

I like Glocks. I don't like small frame Glock slide bite. I developed these scars years ago, but thankfully now I can say the Grip Force Adapter is a thing.

I have that with my 19 occasionally, the 'beavertail' built into the 42 and 43 prevents this from happening to me surprisingly.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    I have that with my 19 occasionally, the 'beavertail' built into the 42 and 43 prevents this from happening to me surprisingly.
    I'm jealous. I would love to be able to walk onto the range, pick up a stock Gen1-3 Glock and run it without getting bit.

This may be simplistic, but if you had a full size Smith, I'd say the Shield. Since you've got a G19, then get the 43.

The G43 is neat and with a Gadget it's soon to be a hard to argue with single stack but the Shield is just more pleasant to shoot.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List