Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 10mm

Lots of hand waving in here

If you mean your Glock 20 can't take 10mm loads that are unsafe you're probably right

If you're saying your Glock 20 cant take Underwood level loads then I'm not so sure about that

Given that I don't reload I would rather have an hk USP expert in .45 so I could use off the shelf ammo. 10mm can be bought but isn't a "Walmart caliber" and while .45 super is obviously even rarer, you can use pretty good .45 ACP loads or order online for .45 super. The bigger issue is that hk hasn't imported usp experts in .45 in a while. There were some elites that went to CA but elites look hideous.

I'm running a 24# spring on a Glockmeister guide rod in my Gen4 G20. 180 gr XTP over 10.0 gr 800X at 1290 fps works reliably for me.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What do most folks consider full power loads? My G40 has been great so far with some very stout ammo, but I don't know where they rank on the scale of options. I won't use hand loads in it, so I've been testing only factory options.
    Original Norma 10mm was claimed 200gr @ 1200fps, 170gr@1350fps.

I chronographed WW 170 Silvertip 10mm @ 1100fps out of a GL29. It was reliable.
    Last edited by 1slow; 10-15-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Resurrecting this thread because I've started too many lately.

Shot a Glock 20 today, and I concluded that the 20/21 frame fits me way better than the smaller Glocks. I was shooting nice tight groups, which I struggle with with the 17/19.

We only shot S&B and PPU 10mm, neither struck me as heavy recoiling.

I would prefer. 45 ACP for most uses, but I think I would prefer 10mm over .45 Super. I would hate to see what .45 Super might do to my Kahr CW 45. If I just ran 10mm, I imagine I would keep it at the .40 power level most of the time, anyway.

Mostly, I just really prefer the bigger frame. I'd run 9mm in one if it was an option.

How do I admit that I am lusting after soulless combat Tupperware to Mrs. Danders? She will not approve! (Only black 100% metal guns are proper in her mind)
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post

Shot a Glock 20 today, and I concluded that the 20/21 frame fits me way better than the smaller Glocks. I was shooting nice tight groups, which I struggle with with the 17/19.

I would prefer. 45 ACP for most uses, but I think I would prefer 10mm over .45 Super. I would hate to see what .45 Super might do to my Kahr CW 45. If I just ran 10mm, I imagine I would keep it at the .40 power level most of the time, anyway.

Mostly, I just really prefer the bigger frame. I'd run 9mm in one if it was an option.

How do I admit that I am lusting after soulless combat Tupperware to Mrs. Danders? She will not approve! (Only black 100% metal guns are proper in her mind)
    1 - have you tried a large backstrap on a gen 5 9mm?
    2 - just buy what you want. They’re only about $500. If you have to save up for it, do it. Mrs. Danders doesn’t have to shoot it, any more than she has to wear your shoes.

Site Supporter
    What generation 17/19 have you shot? I find the larger/wider 29/30 frame also fits my hand better, but I've been using my Gen4 19 with the large beavertail back strap. It's working okay.
    --Jason--

The large beavertail grip on a 4th Gen G17 has previously been the best fit I have achieved with a Glock. But it still isn't perfection (for me) like the 20 is.

The irony is I will likely be buying a G17 set up this way ( my friend who I shot with today is willing to sell his) way before a G20/21 enters my life.

But I am pretty happy to know the big Glock really fits me well.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    I keep looking at G34's but I really want a G40. No need for either...
    --Jason--

The Glock 21 is one of my favorite guns. I think I may need to pick up a Gen 4.

Site Supporter

A G20 with a 10-40 conversion barrel is a viable option.

User Tag List