Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HiTS Defensive Revolver

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

HiTS Defensive Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Southern Ohio Gun is selling trade in DAO Model 64s for $229 if you order them on Wednesday: http://www.southernohiogun.com/ I think I’ll pick one up and see what I can have done to it. For that price, it’s hard to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    {Sigh} Guess I'll have to suck it up and order one.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 12-11-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I might have to order one as well. And then sell a kidney to turn it into a HiTS special.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 12-11-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Sigh. That might be too much to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Where can one go to price/ contact work done by Yost? I have been planning a project in my head VERY similar to this.
    Ted's gun (NYSP marked 681) that was featured in a magazine was for sale on another site last week. it was listed at $3600 and is now SPF

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I might have to order one as well. And then sell a kidney to turn it into a HiTS special.
    I was planning on the same thing. I heard back from Ted Yost today, and he is already overbooked for revolver work for 2018. He told me to check back sometime during the second half of next year.

As Tom Petty said, that waiting it the hardest part. It helps that I don't have finances for a project like that. DB cleaned me out.

First, beautiful guns, excellent work. But, me being basically a cheap ba***rd, I just can't see spending that kind of money on a gun I would want to carry and mike wind up in an evidence room for years. I own a couple 64's and a 65 both are great shooters as is and 2K will buy a lot of ammo for more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by NMPOPS View Post
    First, beautiful guns, excellent work. But, me being basically a cheap ba***rd, I just can't see spending that kind of money on a gun I would want to carry and mike wind up in an evidence room for years. I own a couple 64's and a 65 both are great shooters as is and 2K will buy a lot of ammo for more practice.
    I think you've missed the spirit of the project. I agree it's a lot of money but most people spend that much on frivolous stuff in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by NMPOPS View Post
    These are projects to highlight "state of the art" more than totally practical. These days in a service revolver.....3" GP-100 and done.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Ted's gun (NYSP marked 681) that was featured in a magazine was for sale on another site last week. it was listed at $3600 and is now SPF
    Do you know who made the grips?

JW

User Tag List