Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HiTS Defensive Revolver

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by w provence View Post
    Beautiful, all 3 of them. I have a Taurus 431 44 spl. that needs some work like this.
    Isn't that the definition of polishing a turd?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Nope it's not a turd. They are actually pretty nice pistols. I believe Mr. Yost or one of the gunsmiths have one they have customized a little. The one I have is one of the older ones. I can't speak for the newer ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by w provence View Post
    Nope it's not a turd. They are actually pretty nice pistols. I believe Mr. Yost or one of the gunsmiths have one they have customized a little. The one I have is one of the older ones. I can't speak for the newer ones.

When I owned my own cop gun shop in the early to mid 90's, we sold a ton of the Taurus 431's and it was a gun we never saw come back or have any issues. It was still an era where we had a lot of our cops who refused to give up their 45 Long Colt's for duty guns, so a 44 Spl. Five shot was a popular off duty and back and forth to work gun for those guys.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Where can one go to price/ contact work done by Yost? I have been planning a project in my head VERY similar to this.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Where can one go to price/ contact work done by Yost? I have been planning a project in my head VERY similar to this.
    info@estatesporting.com

I have a 3' 65 that could use a set of those sights.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I think I know what to do with that 4" Ruger Security Six I can't bring myself to sell.

It is good to see someone still building this type of front sight. Gold beads do not work so well for me, when I want to precisely place the shots. (Of course, this assumes my aging eyes can still see any iron sights, these days. I want to mount an Aimpoint Micro T2 on a revolving pistol, soon.)

Beautiful set of revolving pistols, DB!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I ll be detailing the guns and the build for Luckygunner.
    Any more info about the upcoming article? I’d love to read a detailed account of these builds.

Southern Ohio Gun is selling trade in DAO Model 64s for $229 if you order them on Wednesday: http://www.southernohiogun.com/ I think I’ll pick one up and see what I can have done to it. For that price, it’s hard to say no.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Southern Ohio Gun is selling trade in DAO Model 64s for $229 if you order them on Wednesday: http://www.southernohiogun.com/ I think I’ll pick one up and see what I can have done to it. For that price, it’s hard to say no.
    The S&W Performance Center has a "Combat Revolver Package" that includes action work and a bead blast refinish. I've had it done to my M10-8 and my M681-2. The actions come back smooth and a bit lighter but still within factory specs. The price is fair and if you ever have to use it to defend yourself, it can't be argued that the work was done by an unauthorized/unqualified person. Plus, even with the work you'd still be under the price of a new stock S&W revolver.

User Tag List