Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HiTS Defensive Revolver

Those are true beauts, and a testament to the skill of the man who worked on them.

Excuse me if the following question is gauche, but what did that work cost? I have a three-inch of the same model that I'm debating on upgrading and I like the work you've had done, most particularly, the sights.

I ll be detailing the guns and the build for Luckygunner. Honestly, we are over $2000.00 into them each including the base guns. The way the sights are done is quite expensive. Of course we spared no expense on these and they were built as legacy guns. They were also built to be shot every time we go to the range as training guns. Ted Yost did a great job, but quality is not cheap. I also have a 640 with him right now to get an identical treatment.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

2k including the base guns? That's not bad...

I have a 3" RB 65-3 just waiting for 1500-ish worth of that type of work. I'd do that this coming year without blinking. Hmmmm.

Those 64's are gorgeous. I would be happy just to get a stock NYPD 64, been looking for a while with no luck.

DB, I’ve got one of these coming and need ideas for a belt holster; what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    DB, I’ve got one of these coming and need ideas for a belt holster; what are you using?
    A JRC leather OWB rig and a JMAK kydex AIWB. I am waiting to get mine back from Ted along with a matching 640. The 64 was getting retrofitted with Spegel boot grips. The 640 will also have matching Spegels.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    Lefty rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Lefty rig?
    Yea, that one is Wayne Dobbs. JR built us each matching holsters, and Wayne is a lefty.

Site Supporter
    How do y'all do spare ammo carry with those beauties?

After reading DB’s original posts on his & Wayne’s HiTS revolvers, I figured this would be just the ticket for my beater Model 64:

Name:  64 - 1 copy.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  44.4 KB

Sent it off to Ted Yost, told him to do it up just like DB’s, and forgot about it. Well, it came home today and, even though I was expecting something special, I’m impressed.

Name:  64 - 1.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  88.8 KB

I’ve had some nice revolvers over the years from guys like Linebaugh, Bowen, Sokol, LaRocca, Joseph. Last few years, my trainer revolver has been either a 624 or 625, but I’d rather be buying and shooting .38’s. This HiTS gun has perfect weight and balance. The semi-round butt mod is beautifully done, and the VZ grips are blended so well that you can run a finger over the grip with your eyes closed and be unable to feel the interface between the metal and the G-10. This gun feels like it was custom made for my hand. Shooting a steel K-frame after shooting mostly N’s is a howl; it feels so quick. At 15 yards, I shot 10 rounds of 130 grain AE ball into a tiny group and POA=POI; impact is right on top of the front sight. Not just hitting the 6” steel at 25 shooting briskly, but hitting the center of it with 148 grain wadcutters. I thought Bowen had the best S&W sights I’d ever see, but these are easily as good. The trigger is nicely radiused and polished; very easy to roll through the trigger pull. All the slop from the old gun is gone, and the cylinder locks up tight. Cylinder holes are numbered and chamfered, and the cylinder is beveled fore & aft. The whole gun is nicely dehorned even the miniaturized hammer spur. While I was expecting a bobbed hammer, I like this version; this is not a carry gun for me. Although I’ve shot a few of his Hi-Powers and 1911’s over the years, this is my first Ted Yost gun and it’s a beauty.

Name:  64 - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  51.8 KB
    Name:  64 - 1 (2).jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  65.1 KBName:  64 - 1 (3).jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  25.9 KBName:  64 - 1 (4).jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  19.5 KBName:  64 - 1 (5).jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  32.5 KBName:  64 - 1 (6).jpg