Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CRKT Minimalist at Lowes

I was not impressed with the CRKT Folts SPEW. The blade was thin and flimsy, and while the scales had a nice texture, they were too thin also.

I've considered the Minimalist on several occasions, but always pass after the unfavorable experience with the SPEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I was not impressed with the CRKT Folts SPEW. The blade was thin and flimsy, and while the scales had a nice texture, they were too thin also.

I've considered the Minimalist on several occasions, but always pass after the unfavorable experience with the SPEW.
    I always thought the SPEW looked like it was asking for the tip to be snapped off.

I ordered one with the Bowie blade last night. It was cheap and I like small utility fixed blades so it wasn't a tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I ordered the black drop point version last night. I think this will be a good companion. We'll see how good the stock sheath is but I bet I'll need to order a custom kydex one.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I always thought the SPEW looked like it was asking for the tip to be snapped off.
    Agreed. I have other wharncliffe knives where the tip is solid, but the SPEW doesn't "cut" it.

Hammertime

My experience with the Minimalist has been great. Ordered a SPEW and you are correct, it is just too thin.

For those looking for a comparison in size. Here is my new Minimalist (drop point) beside a Clinch Pick and Benchmade Mini-Griptilian.

I got mine today. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to attach it to my armor under my uniform shirt.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    As a heads up... I ordered the same drop point as Tom, and the SPEW, and had them sent directly to Tom @ DSG for sheaths.

I'll post photos when I receive them and offer my thoughts after I compare the two.
    Is Tom making sheaths the black drop point yet?
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 11-12-2016 at 08:47 AM.

CRKT Minimalist at Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Is Tom making sheaths the black drop point yet?
    Yes. He's not gotten his because I suck and have milk crates full of stuff to ship out from the last week or so. I may have a few grey ones unaccounted for. I snagged a few of the blades to see how the fit varied and made some extras.

They're not on the site but I'll likely work on that tonight during UFC205 Fight Pass prelims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by orionz06; 11-12-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List