Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CRKT Minimalist at Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Awesome!

Are you having him make a vertical sheath or something like his sheath for the Clinch Pick to carry appendix with the handle down?
    These will be vertical IWB with his metal clip. I've been carrying a CP in a DSG sheath, tip up/handle down, for a long time now.

My reason for going IWB is due to wanting the knife concealed better than OWB on the belt. I'm much more likely to have a coworker/friend/kid's parent spy my knife than I am to have to use it under duress. I don't feel like trying to explain why I carry a knife in that manner and so forth.

Lowes has the bowie version for $19.98

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRKT-3-in-1...ife/1000016877

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Thread-shift:
    OP, I inherited a Jetfire from my father-in-law a few years ago. I had not been fired in over 10 years, and I've never fired it to this day. How do you like it?
    It's one of my favorite fun guns. It just runs and runs. I shot a armadillo in my yard with it the other night and true to 25 ACP form it ran off and died somewhere in the pasture next to our place. That's a win as far as I'm concerned though, I didn't have to haul it off and it didn't run under the car port and start its death throes there. ( One that I shot at my moms growing up did and it sounded like a basketball dribbling as it flopped under her car, blood everywhere) .
    It's not a serious use gun although I can dump 9 rounds into a paper plate at 7 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger, (pretty nice single action). I do keep it in my pocket at the house because it is so light and easy to carry. I figure it'll at least keep someone's head down long enough for me to get to the 870 or my wife to get to her Ruger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the SPEW today at Academy and I'm wondering if it might be just a little longer than I want to pocket carry? It should be great in a IWB though.
    Academy also had the Keramin version, that was a weird looking one for sure but I could see where it would slice open boxes and stuff at my work pretty easy. I don't know about that shape in the pocket though plus I'd almost feel like I'd need to get some Chuck Norris jeans just to justify carrying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    These will be vertical IWB with his metal clip. I've been carrying a CP in a DSG sheath, tip up/handle down, for a long time now.

My reason for going IWB is due to wanting the knife concealed better than OWB on the belt. I'm much more likely to have a coworker/friend/kid's parent spy my knife than I am to have to use it under duress. I don't feel like trying to explain why I carry a knife in that manner and so forth.
    Understood. Thanks for your thoughts.

Just got mine today via Amazon (bowie version). Fits great in jeans pockets. I hardly know it is there.

Knife only it is about an inch longer than a folded Delica 4. Minimalist is 1.69 oz blade only, 2.05 oz with sheath. Delica 4 lightweight is 2.26 oz.
    Last edited by FPS; 10-18-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Looks like I may be going to Lowe's tomorrow.

JR1572

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    I looked at the SPEW today at Academy and I'm wondering if it might be just a little longer than I want to pocket carry? It should be great in a IWB though.
    Academy also had the Keramin version, that was a weird looking one for sure but I could see where it would slice open boxes and stuff at my work pretty easy. I don't know about that shape in the pocket though plus I'd almost feel like I'd need to get some Chuck Norris jeans just to justify carrying it.

Hmm. Shouldn't, but. Want. Really do.

I know, I keep thing about that Karamin too, I wouldn't have this problem if it cost more. The thing that's keeping me away, for now, is I have no clue how I'd sharpen that blade shape once it got dull. Then there's the Wharncliffe version that I've looked at a couple of times. That devil on my shoulder keeps telling me that I could get both for about what I spent taking the wife to see Deepwater Horizon last weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those of you that either want multiple minimalist knives, you can buy 5 and get a 6th (mostly) free. There are some $100 Lowes gift cards for ~15% off on eBay . The seller is on I've bought from before multiple times. Also, just a reminder there is an eBay affiliate search link at the top of the page.
    Last edited by scw2; 10-19-2016 at 08:50 AM.

User Tag List