Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CRKT Minimalist at Lowes

CRKT Minimalist at Lowes

We just finished a large rush project at work and to show his thanks the boss brought in some tacos and Lowes gift cards. For once I didn't have something broken around the house that I needed to buy so I was wandering through the tools and ran across the CRKT Minimalist with the Bowie style blade. For $20 it's a heck of a nice little knife. I've been carrying it in the side pocket of my cargo shorts and you don't even know it's there. I wasn't sure if I'd like the finger grooves but they just lock in. It's pushed my Opinel and Case onto the bench. Here's a pic of it with its little buddy the Beretta Jetfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local Wal-Mart carries CRKT. I picked up the Hissatsu folder for $30, which is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Site Supporter
    I've been looking for a small fixed blade knife - didn't know those two stores carried knives like those. Thanks for the tips, fellas.

I've had the same knife for about 5 months now, and it has held up very well considering the price point. I've sharpened it up about 3 times since and its been great. I use it as a poor man's fixed blade and keep it at 11 o'clock on my belt. If I had a grinder I'd put an edge on the back side from the tip to an inch down. The little sheath isn't bad either, although I find myself tightening the screws for the belt loop quite a bit.

I like that blade A LOT. It's a decent enough knife/blade/handle shape anyway, but at that price point it cannot be beat. I have a bunch of high dollar blades that I use for my go-to (Multiple blades from Trace Rinaldi, Ban Tang, and Ian Wendy/Specila Circumstances, and I plan on more from them as well as stuff from Joey Watson), but I use the CRKT when I worry about losing the knife, but still want a solid blade.

I did not know Lowes or Walmart carried them. Thanks for the heads up.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I've also seen the Minimalist at Academy Sporting Goods around here. I think I've seen the CRKT S.P.E.W model and maybe another model or two there as well buried under all the Cold Steel and Gerber knives they carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI Bladerigs offers his clip sheath and a trainer package for this one.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Thread-shift:
    OP, I inherited a Jetfire from my father-in-law a few years ago. I had not been fired in over 10 years, and I've never fired it to this day. How do you like it?

As a heads up... I ordered the same drop point as Tom, and the SPEW, and had them sent directly to Tom @ DSG for sheaths.

I'll post photos when I receive them and offer my thoughts after I compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    As a heads up... I ordered the same drop point as Tom, and the SPEW, and had them sent directly to Tom @ DSG for sheaths.

I'll post photos when I receive them and offer my thoughts after I compare the two.
    Awesome!

Are you having him make a vertical sheath or something like his sheath for the Clinch Pick to carry appendix with the handle down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List