Thread: 3M peltor tactical 6s earpro

3M peltor tactical 6s earpro

Just picked up a pair of these because I've been wanting to upgrade to electronic ear pro. Found them for $6 at this weird dollar store near me that gets old Wal-Mart stock and resell it for pennies on the dollar. Anyway, came to find out that they were missing a volume knob and microphone cover on the right side and had someone's initials on them with paint marker. Threw some new batteries in them and they at least work, but haven't taken them to the range yet. Emailed customer service at 3m, told them my predicament, and got an email back in an hour saying that a replacement knob and foam cover would be sent free of charge. I'm very impressed with the outcome. Should be going to the range this weekend to see for myself, but does anyone have any experience with these, good or bad?

You got a great deal. I've had a pair for a decade or so. First electronic ear pro I bought. Decent NRR for outdoor ranges (at least without muzzle brakes). Would double up with plugs on an indoor range. I sweat a lot into mine and it's caused some corrosion, but they still work. No auto shutoff, so don't leave them on when you're finished. They are very low profile, so they don't interfere as much as some sets in getting a good cheekweld on a rifle or shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Just picked up a pair of these because I've been wanting to upgrade to electronic ear pro. Found them for $6 at this weird dollar store near me that gets old Wal-Mart stock and resell it for pennies on the dollar. Anyway, came to find out that they were missing a volume knob and microphone cover on the right side and had someone's initials on them with paint marker. Threw some new batteries in them and they at least work, but haven't taken them to the range yet. Emailed customer service at 3m, told them my predicament, and got an email back in an hour saying that a replacement knob and foam cover would be sent free of charge. I'm very impressed with the outcome. Should be going to the range this weekend to see for myself, but does anyone have any experience with these, good or bad?
    I have the Tac 6s and 7s. The electronics in both died about 2-3 years into ownership.

They're bomb with the gel ear cups, but expect the electronics to only last a couple years.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have the Tac 6s and 7s. The electronics in both died about 2-3 years into ownership.

They're bomb with the gel ear cups, but expect the electronics to only last a couple years.
    I must be lucky. In addition to my still-working decade-old 6S, I have two pair of 7S, almost a decade old, that still work. There's some static when I change the volume level, but they work. I wouldn't let them get too wet, though. I'm pretty sure they're not waterproof.

User Tag List