Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Picked up and shot my G17.5 with Ameriglo Bold sights last night, shot smaller groups than what I could with my Gen 4 G19 from 15 yards in but about 4 inches low with 115gr S&B at 25 yards. Measured the sights this morning and they are .200 so I emailed Ameriglo who's sending me a .180 (Offered the .180 or .165) for $30 and said if it's still low to send it back to replace it with the .165. Love the trigger and the way it handled overall and will shoot it again after I replace the front sight.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Picked up and shot my G17.5 with Ameriglo Bold sights last night, shot smaller groups than what I could with my Gen 4 G19 from 15 yards in but about 4 inches low with 115gr S&B at 25 yards. Measured the sights this morning and they are .200 so I emailed Ameriglo who's sending me a .180 (Offered the .180 or .165) for $30 and said if it's still low to send it back to replace it with the .165. Love the trigger and the way it handled overall and will shoot it again after I replace the front sight.

All my 5th Gen wear a .180 front and they hit right behind the top edge of the front sight about the top of the the yellow/green dot in my case.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Gonna stick this question in here too since the other thread I asked in seems to be more focused on availability.

I just installed a set of Agent Sights from Brownells on my Gen 5 Glock and have some questions about the sight picture.

If I line up the top edge of the front sight with the top of the rear sight, the dot on the front sight is not in the center of the u notch in the rear (it is way at the top) and the tritium vials are not aligned. If I align the tritium vials the dot is centered in the notch, but the tops of the sights aren't aligned.

Is something wrong here? I have Trijicon HDs on all of my other Glocks and they all have the tops of the sights, dot, and vials aligned together.

I feel like this would lead to different impact points depending on which I'm using, and I use all 3 situationally.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I’m looking for the answer to this as well. I’ve seen a lot of pictures where this seems to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    I’m looking for the answer to this as well. I’ve seen a lot of pictures where this seems to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    For what it's worth, I ended up returning them since Brownells has such an awesome return policy. Ameriglo said they'd look at them if I sent them in but I just didn't really want to deal with that.

I ordered some Trijicon HD XRs since I have several sets of the original HDs and other than rear sight being sharp I was pretty happy with them. Figured I'd go with a known entity and get the XR for a little more precision at distance.

Well, I absolutely hated the XRs and returned those too. It was way too hard to align the smaller front with that huge rear sight and my groups suffered badly. I ended up deciding I'd rather have slight offset from the Ameriglo than a rear sight that is way too wide.

I ordered the Bold sights from Glock hoping they might be better, and was pleased to find that they are. I can still notice a very slight difference, but I don't think it would be noticable in a situation where you are actually using the tritium only.

I also REALLY prefer the square rear notch to the U-notch of the agent sights. My groups are noticably better than they are with my other Glocks with HDs and I've been shooting them for years. I'll likely switch them all over to the Bold sights as funds allow.

I wish it was easier to get them with a yellow front since that is my preference, but I don't think it makes too much of a difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve been thinking about getting a Glock with the Bolds. They seem to have some nice improvements over HDs. But sometimes I go back to simplicity and Kyle Defoor’s mentality on all black sights but have some color up front does seem to help you focus.

I find the all black sights like Defoors easier to hit at 25y with but I find sight combos with bright, colorful fronts better for almost everything else.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I find the all black sights like Defoors easier to hit at 25y with but I find sight combos with bright, colorful fronts better for almost everything else.
    Comments like this, always make me think of this article ...

https://civiliandefender.com/2016/04...vens-glock-35/
    Last edited by JTQ; 05-11-2018 at 11:02 AM.

I find that if I’m shooting all black sights (like AneriGlo Defoors), I like a little extra light around the front sight so I can find it better. If I’m going to have anything on my front sight (like paint or fiber) I can get away with a much tighter notch.

I’ve tried painting the entire front blade of all black sights before, multiple different colors even. I find the black front sight more visible and usable universally than having paint on it.

Obviously, YMMV.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Comments like this, always make me think of this article ...

https://civiliandefender.com/2016/04...vens-glock-35/
    The logic in that article is flawed on many levels. Night sights offer a huge advantage in a significant number of lighting conditions beyond just pitch black, and a brightly colored front sight offers an advantage for most people in bright lighting conditions.
    Last edited by Gio; 05-11-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    The logic in that article is flawed on many levels. Night sights offer a huge advantage in a significant number of lighting conditions beyond just pitch black, and a brightly colored front sight offers an advantage for most people in bright lighting conditions.
    I strongly agree with this.

User Tag List