Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Okay. Simply put. Sights shoot too low. It really is that simple. My buddy has same gun with the same sights. Shot his out to 25 yards. For him it was still too low. I normally shoot within we will say 15 yards. I did most of my shooting within 7 with these sights. It was 2-3” low. When I went out to around 12 ish it was still low. I never expected the sights to do the same thing at every distance. They do not do what I need them to do.

I do not like the sights. Front is too wide, orange blurs the picture. I need sights that do what I do with them. I have owned plenty of pistols with different sights. This gun originally had gen 4 height sights on it. It shot to where I needed it to in the distance I shoot. This is my opinion and some of you guys gave me great advice about getting the height squared away. Because these are very different heights then what Glocks usually run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What ammo are you using? I've seen large POI shifts at 25 yards with different weights. 147 typically prints much higher for me than standard 115.

Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    What ammo are you using? I've seen large POI shifts at 25 yards with different weights. 147 typically prints much higher for me than standard 115.
    I shoot 147 grn out of her. The sights do exactly what they were intended to do with 147 grn. Drive the dot. When you get out to 25 tip of front sight.

I did not research the sights enough for poi.
    If I came off as thinking the sights are terrible or poorly designed. That was not my intention. I have specific requirements I want sights to do. These sights are perfect for a duty gun. Perfect for someone who uses drive the dot. They also are great for someone whose vision is not affected by that orange front sight. I also ordered a .140. They are originally equipped with a .125. So that also was my mistake.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 10-25-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Just got the GL-847’s for my G17 5, I’ll see how they do out to 50yds and report back, these are the .125 front orange outline.

Are the .140 front sights the same as the .140 Pro-Glo front sights sold on Ameriglo's website? GL-212-200-GR-C or GL-212-200-OR-C? Or they specific to the FBI sets?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm kinda pissed, I got the U notch and thin yellow front Ameriglos off of their eBay store. I tested them out on my Gen5 G17 and they shot about 2" low at 7 yards.. I did some searching online and it turns out this isn't unheard of. I contacted Ameriglo and they promptly issued a return tag. Got my new, shorter sight in this weekend. I should have checked before mounting it, it's a .140, not a .125. Goddamn, I'm annoyed with this. Already emailed Ameriglo.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm kinda pissed, I got the U notch and thin yellow front Ameriglos off of their eBay store. I tested them out on my Gen5 G17 and they shot about 2" low at 7 yards.. I did some searching online and it turns out this isn't unheard of. I contacted Ameriglo and they promptly issued a return tag. Got my new, shorter sight in this weekend. I should have checked before mounting it, it's a .140, not a .125. Goddamn, I'm annoyed with this. Already emailed Ameriglo.
    The 5th Gen Glocks are coming with .240, and 220 heights typically in .140 widths. I have seen these two sizes on them so far. I have seen only the .140 width in the Ameriglo Bold factory installed set. The FBI or Government Sights are supposed to have a .125 width front, but I believe you can get the .140 width in them as well. I am not 100% sure on the height of them though, as I haven't purchased a full set only front and rears separately.

If your pistol is shooting low with the ones you received from ebay, you probably have a .240 or .220 height. You need to ask them to swap your sight out for a .200 x.125 (Thin) front sight. 140 is the standard width front sight.

I have two 5th Gen G19's and both came with .220 X.140 orange fronts. Both shot a drive the dot sight picture, or POA/POI behind the front dot. I prefer Yellow/Green fronts anyway and replaced mine with .200x.140 yellow green fronts. Mine shoot right at a 6 o clock hold now all the way out to 25.

I have seen several 5th Gen G17 that have .240x.140 oranges on the front. Not sure why there is such a variance on the installed sights, but Ameriglo is top notch and will swap out your front sight for whatever you want. I have been using Ameriglo's for a long time, and can't speak highly enough of them.

I am not sure what glock was thinking about their sight matching, or what the FBI government sights are set as. Glock has turned their sight setup in to the same sight fiasco SIG has suffered from for a while.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-11-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    The 5th Gen Glocks are coming with .240, and 220 heights typically in .140 widths. I have seen these two sizes on them so far. I have seen only the .140 width in the Ameriglo Bold factory installed set. The FBI or Government Sights are supposed to have a .125 width front, but I believe you can get the .140 width in them as well. I am not 100% sure on the height of them though, as I haven't purchased a full set only front and rears separately.

If your pistol is shooting low with the ones you received from ebay, you probably have a .240 or .220 height. You need to ask them to swap your sight out for a .200 x.125 (Thin) front sight. 140 is the standard width front sight.

I have two 5th Gen G19's and both came with .220 X.140 orange fronts. Both shot a drive the dot sight picture, or POA/POI behind the front dot. I prefer Yellow/Green fronts anyway and replaced mine with .200x.140 yellow green fronts. Mine shoot right at a 6 o clock hold now all the way out to 25.

I have seen several 5th Gen G17 that have .240x.140 oranges on the front. Not sure why there is such a variance on the installed sights, but Ameriglo is top notch and will swap out your front sight for whatever you want. I have been using Ameriglo's for a long time, and can't speak highly enough of them.

I am not sure what glock was thinking about their sight matching, or what the FBI government sights are set as. Glock has turned their sight setup in to the same sight fiasco SIG has suffered from for a while.

TXPO
    The one that was shooting low ensured at .196 according to my calipers, so call it .200 on height.
    #RESIST

This is exactly what happened to me. I assumed poa/poi but I was mistaken. I also sent them back. Apparently at 25 yards they are poi. Hope your new front works out for you! Happy shooting!

The one that was shooting low ensured at .196 according to my calipers, so call it .200 on height.
    Yeah I would call that also. Wonder whats up with it shooting so low with that front on there. If I went with a .180 on mine it would shoot 2 feet high at 25.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

someone just doesn't like you, that's all.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List