Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You and 572 need to coordinate your stories, 'cause I am getting confused.
    He's 5FIVE2; and we don't need to coordinate anything. In fact, we don't talk much these days, seeing as I haven't been to work in almost two months.

So... what has you confused? It might help you to know that we don't agree on everything.

WTF? He's not even on this thread! What ARE you confused about???
    Last edited by LSP972; 10-12-2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added thought

Ok...

So my caliper died on me, needs a battery, maybe I'll get it to tomorrow.

I used a Defoor front sight to compare the sizes.

So HD front vs FBI front:

Then Defoor sight vs FBI front:

Rears of HD and FBI for U-Notch Comparison:

...and a bunch of front sights to compare:

More photos/info on my site: http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/10/update-...size.html#more
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Ok...

So my caliper died on me, needs a battery, maybe I'll get it to tomorrow.
    Two is one, one is none.

It appears to be the same width as a Defoor front which is supposed to be a .115. That's a decent option for folks that want a tritium front but in something other than the eyeball obscuring sized .125 or even larger HD sized front sights.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    It appears to be the same width as a Defoor front which is supposed to be a .115. That's a decent option for folks that want a tritium front but in something other than the eyeball obscuring sized .125 or even larger HD sized front sights.
    It's not the same size as the Defoor front. It is a smidgen wider, which is why i think its .125
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Alright, so the front is 0.125". The HD rear is 0.169" and this new rear is wider. I'd say it's probably the Spartan rear width of 0.180". That's quite a bit of air around that front sight. Interested to hear your impressions of using such a setup.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It's not the same size as the Defoor front. It is a smidgen wider, which is why i think its .125
    Definitely worth a look - that's significantly thinner than the HD at .140.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Definitely worth a look - that's significantly thinner than the HD at .140.
    Thinner is good, aim small miss small.

The bigger issue, as I've stated, with the HD's is that they aren't POA/POI at 25y point of ledge. That fucks me up all the time and I am just not as accurate with them as I am with any good set of Ameriglo's.
    VDMSR.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Alright, so the front is 0.125". The HD rear is 0.169" and this new rear is wider. I'd say it's probably the Spartan rear width of 0.180". That's quite a bit of air around that front sight. Interested to hear your impressions of using such a setup.
    I have always loved the Sevigny Carry sights that Dawson makes. It's a 0.125 front with a 0.15 rear. The combo was easy on the eyes, fast up close and accurate at a distance. By far my favorite sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I have always loved the Sevigny Carry sights that Dawson makes. It's a 0.125 front with a 0.15 rear. The combo was easy on the eyes, fast up close and accurate at a distance. By far my favorite sights.
    Warrens?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List