Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by banzaijohn View Post
    The square notch are GL-956; it's unknown if they offer them at the present; they're no longer listed on the website or in the catalog. I bought a set in March of this year, factory direct for $99. ( GL-956 - Green tritium, orange outline 125" wide front sight. Green tritium, black outline serrated rear sight. Square .165" notch) If you're a member of GSSF they give a 10% discount too (Discount code is GSSF). I am not sure if the Gen 5's have a .140 or .125 wide front
    Didn't know about the GSSF discount code. Hooray for GSSF memberships!

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Anyone know if Ameriglo still has plans to make them for the 42/43? Been holding off on TrijHDs due to them performing surgery on Shirts and Skin = )

Have a pair of HDs on my 19. Recommendations to make the switch to these?

I’m not sure if this is been discussed in this thread, or another, but these “contract” sights seem to be coming with a .200 front when a .165 is needed for most to zero.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Yes, these have required a "drive the Dot" sight picture for my G17 and G19.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Yes, these have required a "drive the Dot" sight picture for my G17 and G19.

Maybe the FBI and Ameriglo got together, and decided to fix the Glock pointing high problem, with a .035 taller front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Maybe the FBI and Ameriglo got together, and decided to fix the Glock pointing high problem, with a .035 taller front sight.
    I mentioned this in the Gen 5 thread too but the Feds use 147gr duty ammo. The sights were likely zeroed for that ammo. I know with my duty ammo (also 147gr) I had to get the .245" tall front with my HD sights to bring the hits down to POA/POI.

Kidding aside, in my experience a 19 and 34 require a taller than standard front, as does 147 grain, so maybe .200 is in there. Sure isn’t with a 17 and 124+P.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Kidding aside, in my experience a 19 and 34 require a taller than standard front, as does 147 grain, so maybe .200 is in there. Sure isn’t with a 17 and 124+P.
    The Glocks I have owned in 20+ years never required a taller front sight.

I'm OCD about my poi/poa being perfectly on the top edge of the front sight at 25 yds. My 19M was good with the .200". I've see a couple 19M's require a .180" front to raise the impact from behind the dot to the top edge of the sight.

User Tag List