Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I like the narrower rear notch (.159 vs .169) and the duller rear edge of the rear sights. I have been using trijicon HD's for the past three years, and they are excellent sights, but that sharp rear edge catches me from time to time. I would ideally like an even narrower rear sight notch to go with the .125" front, but I'll take the .159" over the .169".
    Name:  GL-146R_New.png
Views: 1137
Size:  94.4 KB
    I noticed these when pursuing Ameriglo's website, might work for you. The only major difference I can see is they're not serrated.

Quote Originally Posted by randy dragon View Post
    I noticed these when pursuing Ameriglo's website, might work for you.
    Anyone tried these with a TCAP front?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet if you wait just a bit until Glock offers their version of the Ameriglo for sale, they will be priced attractively.
    Are the sights you are referring to the pair that is shipping on the new pistols? I was under the impression these were from Ameriglo, identical to the FBI contract sights, but I am not sure why, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesting Devil View Post
    I haven't tried Ameriglo sights before that I can remember, I can't comment on if that height is standard or anything else. I was trying to find a Pro Glo front in .125, all that seems to be available is .140, which corresponds with some of the commentary here. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer, unless the potential group buy is an exception. I personally don't care about the color, I've always used orange but would be willing to try yellow/green. I think statistically the yellow/green is most visible to the average person, which is why some fire departments paint their trucks in that color. P.S. I meant "perusing" not "pursuing", of course, auto-correct...

Yeah the thin Pro Glo would be my first choice, I'm used to fiber on black mostly so I think I'd prefer a colored dot on the front.

Curious because looking at what they have on the site, the orange TCAP at .120 with that .150 rear would be similar ratio but I haven't tried the CAP style

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I like the narrower rear notch (.159 vs .169) and the duller rear edge of the rear sights. I have been using trijicon HD's for the past three years, and they are excellent sights, but that sharp rear edge catches me from time to time. I would ideally like an even narrower rear sight notch to go with the .125" front, but I'll take the .159" over the .169".
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Have you ever tried Ameriglo's no-outline tritium .150 rear offerings?
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I'm strongly considering picking up a Gen 5 17 or 19 with a GSSF coupon set to expire at the end of the year, and a .150 no outline rear paired with a .125 orange front would be the perfect combo for this. If there's a way to pick up just a front as part of a group buy I'd be interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by randy dragon View Post
    Name:  GL-146R_New.png
Views: 1137
Size:  94.4 KB
    I noticed these when pursuing Ameriglo's website, might work for you. The only major difference I can see is they're not serrated.

One thing to note is that the thin front site used on the BOLD and FBI sights is a different height than the standard Ameriglo from sights. It is taller. This makes it difficult to match it to other existing Ameriglo rears. Apparently Ameriglo does make a "standard height" thin Pro Glo sight as well, but it's not on their website.

This was briefly discussed earlier in the thread here.

So, if you're trying to match a .125 Pro Glo front with some of the existing Ameriglo rear sights, you may need to contact them and purchase the "standard height" version of the front sight instead of trying to match it to the FBI/BOLD front sight since it is taller.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm a little lost.... Are we talking Ameriglo "ProGlo" sights or something else that I can't yet find on a web site?
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/glock/pro-glo

I'd be interested in the green/yellow ring front sight.. GL-212-G
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/glo...tritium-fronts

Already have a rear green (2-dot) with square notch..

Somebody would win the Internets if they would post a "here's where we're at" with a few links... Pretty please.
    The FBI/BOLD sights are not on their website yet. The BOLD sights were there briefly (GL-956) but are not any longer and apparently will not be sold by Ameriglo any longer, they will be sold directly from Glock instead. The different between the BOLD and FBI set is the rear notch. The BOLD set used a square notch and the FBI set uses a U notch. They both use a .125 wide Pro Glo front sight (orange/green circle) which is also not anywhere one Amarillo's sight. All of the front Pro Glo sights are either .140 wide or use a square area for the orange/green (like the TCAP sights).

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    No kidding. I thought it was just me. I've been trying to find the product number/item number or whatever it is for simply the "FBI sights with square notch rear". There is a lot of confusion in this thread.
    The model number fro the BOLD sights was GL-956, but they are no longer available from Ameriglo. Based on what someone else posted, Ameriglo said they sold the rights to the sights to Glock so Ameriglo will not offer them directly any longer.

The FBI sights with the U notch have not yet been made available for purchase it looks like.

That's disappointing. I really liked the BOLD sights I was able to acquire when available. The front dot sits higher in the sight than the HD XR (which I like on the Ameriglo front).

Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    One thing to note is that the thin front site used on the BOLD and FBI sights is a different height than the standard Ameriglo from sights. It is taller. This makes it difficult to match it to other existing Ameriglo rears. Apparently Ameriglo does make a "standard height" thin Pro Glo sight as well, but it's not on their website.
    Thanks for pointing that out (again), I've been following this thread as it develops so I must have read your earlier post on the subject last month and forgot. A few pages back somebody had said the FBI set was now available so I got all excited and started checking some of the options on their website. But yeah, that doesn't seem to be the case, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesting Devil View Post
    I have used the GL-146R and the CAP front (GL-212-GR-Q) for years. It is my preferred sight configuration for Glocks used for serious purposes. The TCAP is the same height so it should be fine as well. I have recently begun running the Trijicon HD (yellow) on a few HKs, quite like them, and may experiment with them on Glocks when it becomes time to replace the sights.

User Tag List