Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Site Supporter
    http://www.tactical-life.com/combat-...trospective-8/

As per Jeff Cooper

(Years ago we coined the appellation, “Preoccupation with Inconsequential Increments,” or PII. This peculiarity lies in attributing importance to measurable deviations so small as to be meaningless. You see it in the people who shoot test groups in rifles, awarding a prize to a group which is only thousandths of an inch smaller than those unrewarded. One sees it in speed records awarded in one-thousandths of one mile-per-hour. One sees it in basketball scores which, nearing the century mark, are separated by less than three points. In all such cases Score A is “better” than Score B, but who cares??
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-12-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Voodoo man,

Please post the width of the front sight when you get a chance. Like a lot people, I am looking for an improved version of the HD's. One of the improvements would be a front sight that doesn't take up the whole head box on a 25 yard USPSA/IDPA target.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Are these available yet?

Hopefully there is not a coil spring in the FBI model sights?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I love my Spartan Operators and can also add that a notable difference is that the public model rear sight is not serrated on the back. I don't see that has been addressed here yet.

Site Supporter
    I wish Ameriglo would give HK owners some love!

Then again, it makes Glock owners feel better about brass to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Maybe I'm an unobservant dumbass, but I think it is overblown.

Agreed. Perhaps _I_ am the unobservant dumb-ass, but those sights, except for the orange-instead-of-green front and the writing/lettering/whatever on each sight, look identical to these... which are Trijicon HDs. I've been told that the AmeriGlo's front bright spot is a tad smaller in diameter. At any rate, whoever is manufacturing those sights is doing basically the same thing for Trijicon AND AmeriGlo. I don't get all the glowing interest either. Sights are sights... some work for some, some don't. Its purely a subjective, personal thing.

And any of you who think the feebies always buy the best shit... well, I've got some things for sale myself.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

(Years ago we coined the appellation, “Preoccupation with Inconsequential Increments,” or PII. This peculiarity lies in attributing importance to measurable deviations so small as to be meaningless.
    Yes... this one is headed that way, fast. The only better one I've seen in recent memory is the infamous split times for non-competitive shooters interested only in self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps _I_ am the unobservant dumb-ass, but those sights, except for the orange-instead-of-green front and the writing/lettering/whatever on each sight, look identical to these... which are Trijicon HDs. I've been told that the AmeriGlo's front bright spot is a tad smaller in diameter. At any rate, whoever is manufacturing those sights is doing basically the same thing for Trijicon AND AmeriGlo. I don't get all the glowing interest either. Sights are sights... some work for some, some don't. Its purely a subjective, personal thing.

And any of you who think the feebies always buy the best shit... well, I've got some things for sale myself.

You and 572 need to coordinate your stories, 'cause I am getting confused.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It is.

I have two fundamental issue HDs that remove them from my EDC carrying. Lack of 25y poa/poi point of ledge and size. Too thick not accurate enough, for me.

Of course they rip your clothing too....

These seem to be everything everyone asked for. I need to measure them and see how they differ thickness wise from the HDs.

I'm with you 100% on this. My (limited) experience with HD's leaves me liking the concept, but the POA\POI difference spoils it for me.

User Tag List