Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Since there seems to be questions...

From what I know FBI sight sets will be available sooner than later. I don't know the particulars all I know is that they will be eventually.

I doubt you can call and order them either, but you guys we welcome to try and report back.

There probably will be a green front down the line as well, as that is the standard Ameriglo product development direction.

I'm finishing up my review of the BOLD sights and it'll be up soon, currently running the CAP AP front with a bold rear.
    @voodoo_man, any thoughts on Ameriglo apparently discontinuing the BOLD sights?
    Last edited by wrt81; 07-25-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    @voodoo_man, any thoughts on Ameriglo apparently discontinuing the BOLD sights?
    I don't know that they are..
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I was inspired by this thread to do some digging and I was able to get the following information - do not ask me where I got this info from as I will not disclose the source(s). This info is actually out there online you just have to look for it.

BOLD sights are not discontinued. They are going to be sold standard night sights on factory Glocks. Square notch, orange front. This will be in the next few months, not sure exactly when, but next few.

The BOLD sights are also going to be standard for some LEO Glock duty pistols and GOV Glock pistols.

The BOLD sight sets have the same front orange sight as the FBI Contract sight sets.

There will be a green front sight available for both the FBI Contract sights and BOLD sights down the line.

The FBI Contract sights will not be called that when they are released - no idea what their name is going to be.

Prices for both sight sets (BOLD and FBI) may be cheaper than Trijicon HD XR's by a good margin, too many conflicting statements on this front but most are under $100 - which is awesome.

I'll be posting a BOLD sight review next week.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    I was inspired by this thread to do some digging and I was able to get the following information - do not ask me where I got this info from as I will not disclose the source(s). This info is actually out there online you just have to look for it.

BOLD sights are not discontinued. They are going to be sold standard night sights on factory Glocks. Square notch, orange front. This will be in the next few months, not sure exactly when, but next few.

The BOLD sights are also going to be standard for some LEO Glock duty pistols and GOV Glock pistols.

The BOLD sight sets have the same front orange sight as the FBI Contract sight sets.

There will be a green front sight available for both the FBI Contract sights and BOLD sights down the line.

The FBI Contract sights will not be called that when they are released - no idea what their name is going to be.

Prices for both sight sets (BOLD and FBI) may be cheaper than Trijicon HD XR's by a good margin, too many conflicting statements on this front but most are under $100 - which is awesome.

I really really hope your info is correct and that the guy I spoke to yesterday was simply wrong.

@ Voodo_man, many thanks. I purchased four sets for my Glocks. These are easier to use than standard Trijicons. I used them in a class recently and they really worked. Thanks for the information.
    Best
    Frank
    Last edited by FrankinCA; 07-26-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I really really hope your info is correct and that the guy I spoke to yesterday was simply wrong.
    Only time will tell...
    VDMSR.com

Called Ameriglo this morning to order two sets of the Bold sights and was told they're not available. The person I spoke with also didn't know if they would be available anytime soon. I asked why they only made them for a short period of time and he said, "I don't know."

Either he was being coy or was trained in customer service by a large bank or government organization.

I'm hoping he was mistaken. If so, you'd think Ameriglo would make sure the people that answer the phone are up to speed on what's going on with the sights.
    Last edited by Caesar; 08-07-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Phrasing

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Called Ameriglo this morning to order two sets of the Bold sights and was told they're not available. The person I spoke with also didn't know if they would be available anytime soon. I asked why they only made them for a short period of time and he said, "I don't know."
    Either he was being coy or was trained in customer service by a large bank or government agency.

I'm hoping he was mistaken. If so, you'd think Ameriglo would make sure the people that answer the phone are up to speed on what's going on with the sights.
    Spartan tactical sights (should) be close to what your looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Either he was being coy or was trained in customer service by a large bank or government agency.

If you can wait, wait.

When the Gen5 comes out in a month or three, they will be available to purchase (possibly not from Ameriglo...)
    VDMSR.com

Thanks Voodoo and I look forward to reading your review.

User Tag List