Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Site Supporter
    I ordered a pair of these sights (GL-956) around the end of March. I decided I liked them enough to put on more then one Glock, but tonight the GL-956 page is no longer on the Ameriglo website (LINK). Does anyone happen to know if these sights have been discontinued for good? I was really hoping to set up exact duplicate pistols for practice and carry, so now I'm kicking myself for not ordering the second pair or sights sooner.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I ordered a pair of these sights (GL-956) around the end of March. I decided I liked them enough to put on more then one Glock, but tonight the GL-956 page is no longer on the Ameriglo website (LINK). Does anyone happen to know if these sights have been discontinued for good? I was really hoping to set up exact duplicate pistols for practice and carry, so now I'm kicking myself for not ordering the second pair or sights sooner.
    Call them. Ameriglo's website is notoriously incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Call them. Ameriglo's website is notoriously incomplete.
    No joke.

Put in an order, and waited about 4 days before I get a text alert from my credit card company asking if I made a purchase of $xxx.xx from Ameriglo. Hmm, that's wierd. I had, so I let process or whatever terminology the credit people use. I still had no word from Ameriglo on the order (on hold, processing, shipping, etc).

The Monday following the order I get an email from Ameriglo CS asking me to redo the order (they then promptly canceled the order) as they are changing webstore programs or whatever.

It was all good in the end, but getting there was clunky.
    Last edited by Jay585; 07-23-2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Haven't had enough caffeine, first post mumbo-jumbo
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    No joke.

Put in an order, and waited about 4 days before I get a text alert from my credit card company asking if I made a purchase of $xxx.xx from Ameriglo. Hmm, that's wierd. I had, so I let process or whatever terminology the credit people use. I still had no word from Ameriglo on the order (on hold, processing, shipping, etc).

The Monday following the order I get an email from Ameriglo CS asking me to redo the order (they then promptly canceled the order) as they are changing webstore programs or whatever.

It was all good in the end, but getting there was clunky.
    Yes, great products but getting what you want via their baited is like a fast food joints secret menu.

@pangloss I'd be interested in what Ameriglo says if you do contact them. I have the BOLD sights on two pistols as well and I'm liking them a lot so far. I'm hoping they didn't discontinue them or that these were not just a one time thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    @pangloss I'd be interested in what Ameriglo says if you do contact them. I have the BOLD sights on two pistols as well and I'm liking them a lot so far. I'm hoping they didn't discontinue them or that these were not just a one time thing.
    @wrt81 I meant to call them today but got too busy at work. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Site Supporter
    I just called Ameriglo. GL-956 is no longer in production and they have no plans to put it back in production in the foreseeable future. The gentleman with whom I spoke said that GL-956 has been replaced by the FBI sights (U notch rear) which are/will be available for sale to the general public. He couldn't give me a product number and referred me to Google.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I just called Ameriglo. GL-956 is no longer in production and they have no plans to put it back in production in the foreseeable future. The gentleman with whom I spoke said that GL-956 has been replaced by the FBI sights (U notch rear) which are/will be available for sale to the general public. He couldn't give me a product number and referred me to Google.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    He referred you to Google for info about his own product? That's pretty sad...

The timing! I just went to their site to order a set and came here to post about them being discontinued and Ameriglo customer service being beyond pathetic. . Does anyone know what combination to order from them to get what we want? If that's even possible. And having a company refer you to google for their own product is ridiculous.
    Last edited by 0331king; 07-25-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Discontinued? Is that confirmed by someone else except an an employee who doesn't know their own product numbers?

They barely just started making them. WTF.

I'm sure the FBI sights are great, but for someone that prefers square notches, I was really glad they put these out.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 07-25-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List