Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

I've had two range trips with the BOLD sights on my G19. The first trip was kind of a wash. I was at an indoor range with guys shooting ARs on each side of me (lucky me). I shot low most of the trip but I can't blame the sights. I also shot like crap with the Trijicon HDs that I have had on my G26 for a while. On the 2nd trip things were much better. I really like the slimmer front site compared to the HDs for accuracy. I'm still getting used to the width of the rear notch. The original HDs have a .25 difference where the Ameriglo BOLD set is .40 (.125 front and .165 rear).

One thing that may be useful for other folks is that these Ameriglo BOLD sights are .035" taller than the usual Ameriglo sights. From what I can tell on their website, Ameriglo typically has a .165 tall front and .256 tall rear for most of their sight sets. I believe those heights match up with the stock sight heights for Glock. I was going to order a set of the regular Operator rear sights that have a .150" rear notch to try with the .125 front of the BOLD series, but realized it was taller than the stock front sight. I ran across an Instagram post from Ameriglo on the new BOLD sights and they confirmed they are .035" taller. I'm not sure why they decided to make these different heights than their usual sights. It would have been nice to be able to try out some of their other rears easily. They did mention in that same Instagram post that they have .125 ProGlo fronts in several heights available if you call them so I guess that is an option if you want to try a different existing rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Mine showed up yesterday.

The new gen 4 G26 that I was going to put them on didn't happen, I bought a G34 instead. After some thought, I decided I'd install the sights on a G19. Installation was smooth, tho the rear sight is TIGHT in the dovetail.

I ran a quick box of WWB thru this afternoon, and was really pleased with the sight picture and how trackable the front sight is. Didn't measure anything today, but my mark 1 eyeball was happy with POA / POI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, you have the H3 16 front and a H3 17 Rear? I've only seen the H3 17 Set sold on Ameriglo's Website. Is this something that you have to call them for and is the 16 a lower front and the 17 a higher/taller rear. Is the front a .125 & the Rear a .150??? I really don't like the .180 Rears and the .140 fronts. I have old eyes, but that is just too wide a sight for me. These look really promising.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    So, you have the H3 16 front and a H3 17 Rear? I've only seen the H3 17 Set sold on Ameriglo's Website. Is this something that you have to call them for and is the 16 a lower front and the 17 a higher/taller rear. Is the front a .125 & the Rear a .150??? I really don't like the .180 Rears and the .140 fronts. I have old eyes, but that is just too wide a sight for me. These look really promising.
    The H3 stamping on the side of the sights designates that there is Tritium in the sights. The 16 and 17 are the year stampings of when the sights were made. They are in no way indicative of what model sights AmeriGlo has on their site.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Ameriglo Square Notch Rears with the FBI Contract front available at an intro price - FYI I get no kickbacks or anything of that nature, sharing because I am a nice guy.

Details: http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/03/amerigl...ghts-with.html

They were ordered from the Ameriglo website. The front is .125, the rear notch is .165. My eyes are old as well, I'm transitioning from big dots. These sites work pretty well on my G19, I can see and track them with zero issue or complaint.

Follow the links in VDM's post that I quoted, they'll take you right to were I ordered mine.
    Last edited by Kanati; 05-01-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks for the info.
    I like the square notch rear. Can you get it in a narrower version. I read this whole thread & I seem to recall there was a .150 wide rear sight Ameriglo offering.
    If not, then I think I will just go with the "Kanati combo" Haha.
    Last edited by johnnywitt; 05-01-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks for the info.
    I like the square notch rear. Can you get it in a narrower version. I read this whole thread & I seem to recall there was a .150 wide rear sight Ameriglo offering.
    If not, then I think I will just go with the "Kanati combo" Haha.
    Lolol....not my train at all, I just jumped aboard.....thank VoodooMan!!

Site Supporter
    I put mine on a 17 and ran it in a Pannone class this weekend. I was very happy with the sights and the picture, especially from the 25 yard line. I'm planning to pickup a couple more sets for my 19 and 26.

Buy a set now or just wait until I'm home....

Site Supporter
    I traded in my Gen 3 26 for a Gen 4 26 yesterday.

I ordered a set of these and installed them last night.

I'm excited to see how they go this weekend.

God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I traded in my Gen 3 26 for a Gen 4 26 yesterday.

I ordered a set of these and installed them last night.

I'm excited to see how they go this weekend.

God Bless,

Brandon
    Put about 300 rounds through the 26. 124 gr FMJ, 115 gr FMJ, and 124 gr HST +P.

I was very pleased with POA/POI @ 25 yards.

I need to work on longer range accuracy, but nothing but positive things to say about the sights.

I need to work with snap caps and put down the 1911.

God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List