Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Shot the Ameriglo side by side to my HD and I shot them identically at 15 yds (indoor range). I like the wide open view on the Ameriglos, but for me, right now, I'm unsure of any difference other than price and look.
    All pictures are Ameriglo then HD.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 04-07-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter
    I shot a mine today on a Gen4 G19. This is a new pistol, so I have more than just the sights as a variable, but except for the different sights and not having a Gadget, this pistol is identical to my practice pistol. I only put 50 rounds through the gun, and those weren't particularly careful shots as this range trip was primarily a social outing. However, at this point I don't seem to shoot as well as with my practice pistol. My friend has a G17 with factory sights and I was pretty bad with it today too, so I could just be having an off day. Hopefully I can make it to the range again on Thursday and do a direct comparison between my two G19s.

I want to order these, not a fan of my stock sights. How easy are they to install? Any suggestions on a sight pusher?

-Matt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    I want to order these, not a fan of my stock sights. How easy are they to install? Any suggestions on a sight pusher?

-Matt
    MGW sight installation tool from Brownells. Expensive but definitely a case of getting what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    MGW sight installation tool from Brownells. Expensive but definitely a case of getting what you pay for.

Did just this and it was easy peazy.
    FYI: my outing the other day was 2 identical G4 G19s other than HD vs Ameriglo sights.

Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Can't speak to pistols other than Glocks, but I've had zero issue with this. I've done G43 and 19/17/26/34 sized slides, works like a champ.

Last edited by Kanati; 04-09-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Can't speak to pistols other than Glocks, but I've had zero issue with this. I've gone G43, and 19/17/26/34 sized slides, works like a champ.

I've got this type of cheapy setup.

It's pretty good to go once you figure out how to use it properly.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post

-Matt
    I think there are several new pushers on the market now. I bought the MGW pusher for straight-sided sites several years ago. I've almost used it enough to save back the cost of paying some one to swap out the sights. My MGW pusher does a great job on Glock 17/19/26 slides with sights with straight vertical sides. If I were buying a pusher now, I'd look for one that can handle multiple brands guns and multiple geometry sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Can't speak to pistols other than Glocks, but I've had zero issue with this. I've done G43 and 19/17/26/34 sized slides, works like a champ.

Have this too. Friend gave it away as he chewed up his sights on his Sig. It needs TONS of protection when pushing out the rear sights. 2 sets have been slightly marred due to the pusher.

I have the MGW rear tool and love it. Snagged the adapter for the 42/43 last year.

For front sights I tried a couple and found them wanting. Ended up with this and love it!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

User Tag List