Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Any idea on how these compare to the ProGlo fronts? Considering picking up a pair for the new G19 I'm switching to, which come with the ProGlo fronts with Spaulding Unotch rear. Not sure whether I'll prefer the square notch, plus the price with 10% off is hard to beat...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Any idea on how these compare to the ProGlo fronts? Considering picking up a pair for the new G19 I'm switching to, which come with the ProGlo fronts with Spaulding Unotch rear. Not sure whether I'll prefer the square notch, plus the price with 10% off is hard to beat...
    Should be the same... but thinner. ProGlos are 0.140" wide.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 03-30-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Anybody know the height of these sights? Are they 0.165" front and rear like the standard Glock factory sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am getting .196 on the front sight
    .191 on the rear
    and .263 on the rear from the dovetail side

Im thinking of replacing some TruGlo Tritium Pro's on my Glock 26 with these. All my Amerglo sights seems to be the "cut your target in half/top of the blade" sight picture whereas the Tritium Pro's seem to be a combat style sight picture which covers up the target completely. Can anyone confirm if the sight picture used is the former and not the latter? I was going to go with a set of Meprolight's but if i can get a more subtle rear sight without the big rear dots screaming at me along with the ability to see the target, im in for a set.

Now a side question, has anyone compared them to a T-Cap front and a Pro Operator rear? That is my favorite setup along with i-Dot Pro's.
    Last edited by coN; 03-31-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Got a new rear sight from ameriglo to work with the orange front, called the "BOLD" sight.

http://instagram.com/p/BR_Nv02BrGR/
    Thanks for the heads up on these. I was needing/wanting some new sights, so I now I should have a set in hand Monday.

Thanks voodoo for the heads up on these. I ordered two sets and received them Saturday. I installed a set on my G19 tonight. I had Trijicon HDs on before. I like the HDs but wanted to try the thinner front and go back to a square notch. So far I like these a lot. I hope to get to the range this week and try them out.

Site Supporter
    Mine arrived today, and I just finished pushing mine onto a G19. I've been using 10-8 performance rear (0.156") with a 10-8 brass bead front sight. I really like the 10-8 sights, but the Ameriglos have left me with a great first impression. I'll be extra glad when Thursday gets here and I can try them out on the range. I think I will like the square notch more than the the U.

@wrt81 & @pangloss

I too received mine yesterday. How bright is your front tritium compared to the rear? My rears are at least 25% brighter than my front when placed side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    Thanks voodoo for the heads up on these. I ordered two sets and received them Saturday. I installed a set on my G19 tonight. I had Trijicon HDs on before. I like the HDs but wanted to try the thinner front and go back to a square notch. So far I like these a lot. I hope to get to the range this week and try them out.

This might just be camera perspective, but do the dots line up when you present on target or do the rear tritium vials line up below where the front vial sits?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

When you guys start running them report back. I'll have a review up in a few weeks of both the unotch and bold.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List