Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Trijicon 3 dot green on green.

I think it's pretty well established that *most* pistol sight discussions start out with an understanding of chasing minutiae and personal preference.

that said, I agree with the masses that these look to be an all around improvement over the HDs. Maybe not enough to change, but certainly enough to be a better option if buying fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Any word on models for other manufacturers? Sig? Or Sig? I'd even settle for a set for Sigs. Till then... the HD XRs look like my best bet.
    No interest in the Sig X-Ray sights? These are essentially that, except with an orange dot.

I took my Sig X-Rays off both my 226 and 229 Legion and replaced them with Trijicon HD XRs. I like the narrower front sight of the XR and I don't like green front sights (X-Ray).
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I took my Sig X-Rays off both my 226 and 229 Legion and replaced them with Trijicon HD XRs. I like the narrower front sight of the XR and I don't like green front sights (X-Ray).
    I prefer the brighter Trijicon green over the Sig green myself, but when comparing directly to the X-Ray sights to the FBI Ameriglo I'm not seeing too much of a difference other than front dot color.

The only thing I don't like about the new HD XRs and even these Ameriglo sights is the rear notch width. .165 is too wide, IMO. I wish it was .140-.150. Tighten up the sight picture so it's easier to get parallel deviation for 20Y + shots.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 03-29-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Anybody know the height of these sights? Are they 0.165" front and rear like the standard Glock factory sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    No interest in the Sig X-Ray sights? These are essentially that, except with an orange dot.
    Like MSparks909 said, the thinner front is what I'm after. The XRays, while highly visible, are even wider than the HDs (.150 front versus .144 for the HDs). For my eyes, the thinner front helps with speed up close, and with precision on small targets at distance as well. The rear notch width of the HD XRs makes me hesitate a bit, but I run a set of Warren's on my Competition 226 that have a .115 fiber front and .150 rear.....Seems to work for me, at least. Ratio is nearly the same for the HD XRs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Coupon code GSSF for 20% off. Just ordered two sets. This will be my first Ameriglo purchase.
    That code is only good for 10% now, but I'm happy to have it.

I've been using these sights for a few weeks now and I think they are the best night sight option on the market. The front to rear width ratio is ideal to me and they aren't sharp like HD sights on the rear.

User Tag List