Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

It's too bad they didn't require a Glock with a dovetailed front sight instead of that goofy screw.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It's too bad they didn't require a Glock with a dovetailed front sight instead of that goofy screw.
    What's the issue there? (If already discussed, thread pointer?)
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    That probably would have been cool, but the logistics would probably have been painful.

Unless they could design it to an existing spec... but I'm not sure if Glock would be hip on that.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 10-12-2016 at 10:33 AM.

I have sights with and without "U" notches and I don't see why people get excited about them. I never notice the bottom of the rear notch while shooting.

Maybe I'm an unobservant dumbass, but I think it is overblown.

Given how flat and wide a Glock slide is, I don't think a dovetail front would be that good of an idea. Too many Leroys would jack up their sights installing/removing them.
    Last edited by Greg; 10-12-2016 at 10:34 AM.

I've broken a few front sights off, but they would have been broken off with a dovetail.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have sights with and without "U" notches and I don't see why people get excited about them. I never notice the bottom of the rear notch while shooting.

I'm not going to say there's no difference, but I must say we're likely dealing with PII territory here.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've broken a few front sights off, but they would have been broken off with a dovetail.
    Might be better for consistent alignment. Glock front sights are often cocked a little.

Ultimately not a huge issue anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Might be better for consistent alignment. Glock front sights are often cocked a little.

Ultimately not a huge issue anyway.
    It's true, good reason why an experienced person needs to install them right.
    I use a microlevel and file off a bit on the side that needs it when required.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I'm not going to say there's no difference, but I must say we're likely dealing with PII territory here.
    What is PII?

I agree with Greg that the "full depth" rear sight cut is something I don't understand. Anyone have a reason that would be important?

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    What is PII?

I agree with Greg that the "full depth" rear sight cut is something I don't understand. Anyone have a reason that would be important?
    I'm unsure what PII is also.

As for U-notch vs. square notch, the theory behind the U-notch is that people like to focus on hard edges. The U-notch takes away those edges and unconsciously you're better able to focus on the top edges of the sights (somewhat like removing dots or tritium on the rear sight, so you can focus better on the front sight). Some people prefer U-notches, some prefer square notches, others have no preference.

Personally I haven't shot U-notch rears enough to come to a conclusion.

User Tag List