Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I hope that Ameriglo expands these beyond Glock...specifically SIG and (is it too much to hope) the P2000?
    Sig is a maybe - Ameriglo puts out quite a few options for Sigs. P2000? Fuggedaboudit. I've been actively begging for them since 2009 (my first chance to talk with Ameriglo at some length at SHOT), and have been consistently told, politely, to go piss up a rope. HK's proclivity for changing sight dovetails every time them come out with a new model makes them a significant risk, and a pretty small demand universe.

Ameriglo does make NS for HKs - USP and USPc only, "traditional" white outline front and rear only.

As many have noted, for HKs, if you want a high visibility front that's not home made with paint or nail polish, you're stuck with HD or the new TFX hybrid fiber/tritium

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Sig is a maybe - Ameriglo puts out quite a few options for Sigs. P2000? Fuggedaboudit. I've been actively begging for them since 2009 (my first chance to talk with Ameriglo at some length at SHOT), and have been consistently told, politely, to go piss up a rope. HK's proclivity for changing sight dovetails every time them come out with a new model makes them a significant risk, and a pretty small demand universe.

Ameriglo does make NS for HKs - USP and USPc only, "traditional" white outline front and rear only.

As many have noted, for HKs, if you want a high visibility front that's not home made with paint or nail polish, you're stuck with HD or the new TFX hybrid fiber/tritium
    This was pretty much my analysis of how things would go. I would LOVE Ameriglo to make sights for the P2000, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the traditional Trijicon "Bright and Tough" sights, which, once the rear rings are blacked out, are perfectly serviceable. A boy can dream, though... The SIG sights, on the other hand, might be a possibility. Fingers crossed...

Ran them today again at the range.

I did not fair as well at distance as I did previously. I found myself cutting the target in half and getting low impacts. Probably running the trigger down and not using the sights properly (equal height/light).

I think I want to paint the top ledge yellow or neon green to give it contrast against the rear sights. Going from the Gen2 Defoor Tritium sights makes me want to go back instantly due to the accuracy difference. However, at speed 3-10 yards, its fast.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Maybe with the increase in popularity of the VP9, making a sight that fits the P30/VP9 would make financial sense for Ameriglo. Trijicon lists the P30/VP9/P30sk/P30l/HK45c as compatible with these HD sights: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...php?pid=HK110O

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Maybe with the increase in popularity of the VP9, making a sight that fits the P30/VP9 would make financial sense for Ameriglo. Trijicon lists the P30/VP9/P30sk/P30l/HK45c as compatible with these HD sights: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...php?pid=HK110O
    If only...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I could happily go forward with only two sight options for most al of my pistols -- Dawson FO front with their rear, or an Ameriglo TCAP front with their Operator rear (or a Trijicon HD for every model the TCAP is not available for, which is most).
    Just ordered a pair of operators for $78 shipped + the TCAP sight for another $52 shipped. Ends up coming out to about as much as I'd have paid for the combo alone thru Ameriglo but I get an extra front sight with it.

Definitely looking forward to installing these on the g17 I just finished wringing out. It'll be my new carry gun for the cold weather months. Very excited have a rear sight that doesn't dig into my belly...
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-06-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Just ordered a pair of operators for $78 shipped + the TCAP sight for another $52 shipped. Ends up coming out to about as much as I'd have paid for the combo alone thru Ameriglo but I get an extra front sight with it.

Definitely looking forward to installing these on the g17 I just finished wringing out. It'll be my new carry gun for the cold weather months. Very excited have a rear sight that doesn't dig into my belly...
    IMO, the Operator front is pretty darned good if you take the time to color fill the ring with nail polish.

I've been comparing these two now that I've got my G17k up and running, trying to decide my favorite. I like both a lot.

The TCAP is a bit better for beyond 25, the Operator is maybe a smidge faster up close but not in a way likely to matter. The major benefit of the Operator over the TCAP is that the Tritium vial is bigger and actually visible in low light.

Currently, I'm leaning toward changing the fronts with the seasons. I'm much more likely to be out in a low light condition in the winterish months due to the time night falls, than I am in summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    IMO, the Operator front is pretty darned good if you take the time to color fill the ring with nail polish.

I've been comparing these two now that I've got my G17k up and running, trying to decide my favorite. I like both a lot.

The TCAP is a bit better for beyond 25, the Operator is maybe a smidge faster up close but not in a way likely to matter. The major benefit of the Operator over the TCAP is that the Tritium vial is bigger and actually visible in low light.

Currently, I'm leaning toward changing the fronts with the seasons. I'm much more likely to be out in a low light condition in the winterish months due to the time night falls, than I am in summer months.
    Hmm...

do you do a base layer when you fill the ring? I might keep the operator FS and just throw it on one of my trainer G19s..
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-07-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Hmm...

do you do a base layer when you fill the ring? I might keep the operator FS and just throw it on one of my trainer G19s..
    Nope. The recess makes it pretty resilient. I just paint into the ring and then either scrape off or use a cotton swab and a little alcohol/spirits to clean the vial. Second coat if needed.

Next time I'm going to dab the vial w petroleum jelly or similar in attempt to avoid having to really scrape it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Nope. The recess makes it pretty resilient. I just paint into the ring and then either scrape off or use a cotton swab and a little alcohol/spirits to clean the vial. Second coat if needed.

Next time I'm going to dab the vial w petroleum jelly or similar in attempt to avoid having to really scrape it.
    Awesome.

How big of a difference in brightness would you say there is between the TCAP/operator FS? Of the tritium vial, that is. Or is the vial just physically wider?

I'm also surprised to hear you say that the operator is faster. Why do you think that is? i'd assume the TCAP would be faster in daylight with the luminova paint/wider box around the tritium vial.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-07-2016 at 07:32 AM.

User Tag List