Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

I respect a whole lot of thos instructors who say night sights arent necessary.

Then I stand in my living room at night where there is enough light for me to identify you as a threat or not, but not enough to see my fibres, and think of all the other places I find myself in with similar lighting conditions, and I find myself liking the idea of night sights with a brightly painted front sight , as the iron sights answer to carry.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    There's a really narrow band of lightning where night sights really make the difference (bright enough to see the target, dark enough to not see the sights), which can encompass lighting conditions, too...like the bad guy is under a light and you're 30 feet away somewhat in shadow. It's a narrow band, but night sights are golden in that band. Everyone has to take a look at their own circumstances and make the call...and always carry a handheld, no matter which type of sights you choose.

I've been using trijicons at work for decades, but use a Warren/Sevigny fiber for competition. I now use a Trijicon HD/XR setup with the orange dot at work. I'd prefer something like the ameriglos, with a .150 square notch rear and .122-.125 front, bit ameriglos doesn't make that setup for Sig 226 series pistols, so.....

My Lt. just picked up a set of ameriglos with the high visibility orange front and square lo vis rear, in the standard dimensions (.140 front, .150 rear). I'll shoot those to see if I like em

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Just an FYI, I was able to verify with Ameriglo that the CAP front site works with the BOLD rear so I'm going to try it out
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

So im at a bit of a loss. Was thinking about picking a set of these up for my spare/backup 19x as my primary is RMRd. That being said i cant seem to find these as a set anywhere. The "agent" sights on brownells are a .140" wide front with a u-notch rear. Im looking for the .125" front and a square notch serrated rear with the non outlined globes. I can find the front sight im looking for on their site, but not the rear. Anyone been able to find the set as a whole or piece one together? Thanks.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    So im at a bit of a loss. Was thinking about picking a set of these up for my spare/backup 19x as my primary is RMRd. That being said i cant seem to find these as a set anywhere. The "agent" sights on brownells are a .140" wide front with a u-notch rear. Im looking for the .125" front and a square notch serrated rear with the non outlined globes. I can find the front sight im looking for on their site, but not the rear. Anyone been able to find the set as a whole or piece one together? Thanks.
    Check with a blue label dealer. The GSSF certificate pistol I bought last year had the regular plastic sights, but I was able to purchase the Ameriglock square notch rear without any problems. I think I might have the wider front sight though.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Check with a blue label dealer. The GSSF certificate pistol I bought last year had the regular plastic sights, but I was able to purchase the Ameriglock square notch rear without any problems. I think I might have the wider front sight though.

If i can just find a serrated square notch rear with non-outlined globes id be happy since i can buy the front sight i want already.

Site Supporter
    If i can just find a serrated square notch rear with non-outlined globes id be happy since i can buy the front sight i want already.
    Glock's webstore has three different pairs, but only one pair is in stock. I don't remember ever seeing just the rear for sale by itself. If I see one anywhere I'll let you know.

Site Supporter
    If you can live with a u notch rear, Ameriglo sells the .125 flint Agent set on their web-store as the Agent “federal contract” sights.

Thanks all. Think im just gonna give ameriglo a call direct and see if i can piece something together.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post

My Lt. just picked up a set of ameriglos with the high visibility orange front and square lo vis rear, in the standard dimensions (.140 front, .150 rear). I'll shoot those to see if I like em
    What do you think of those? I'm driving myself crazy trying to find the sight set I want. Ultimately, it would be Ameriglo Pro - Glo orange 0.125" front (doesn't appear to exist) paired with a 0.140" Ameriglo Classic rear (again does not appear to exist).
    So, I'm looking at the Ameriglo Pro-Glo orange 0.140" along with the 0.150" Ameriglo Classic rear sight.

The other 2 options are the standard Trijicon night sights (0.144" front and 0.150" rear) or Dawson Precision fiber optic front and rear (0.115" front and 0.125" rear).

User Tag List