Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    For the Sig enthusiasts....I love the concept, but that front sight is like trying to aim with a basketball at arms length. These would be just right.
    I'm embarrassed to post pics of what I'm running. Basically I have a factory front night sight that was skinnied down to .120. Unfortunately, the vial gave up the ghost and I painted the whole front sight gloss orange after a base of white. On the rear, I'm running the factory night sight with the vials suppressed by a Sharpie. It isn't pretty but I can track it like a boss. I've shot HD's and prefer the bright orange square to the circle but I could learn to live with it. I irrationally miss the tritium in my front sight. (Irrationally, because I'm running an X300)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    I'm at the point that I've bought enough different sights that I'm waiting to see how these print as far POI/POA second hand.

As far as me; I'm buying Defoor with no tritium and not touching until I something I know works comes available.

I like the shape of the HDs but I want a 25 yard POA/POI with a thinner visible front sight.

I'm not paying $120 to play the guessing game again.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: I also don't want a really tall front sight anymore. Make it lower, thinner, and bright front.
    Last edited by BWT; 12-07-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    For the Sig enthusiasts....looks like Lipseys is showing them on their website for the Sig 226 9mm/.357 SIG......just not in stock yet. Fingers crossed! Our armorer is replacing guys fading siglite sights with the HDs if they want them. I love the concept, but that front sight is like trying to aim with a basketball at arms length. These would be just right.
    I just saw that these sights are available for the P30/VP9/HK45. Shut up and take my money already!

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm embarrassed to post pics of what I'm running. Basically I have a factory front night sight that was skinnied down to .120. Unfortunately, the vial gave up the ghost and I painted the whole front sight gloss orange after a base of white. On the rear, I'm running the factory night sight with the vials suppressed by a Sharpie. It isn't pretty but I can track it like a boss. I've shot HD's and prefer the bright orange square to the circle but I could learn to live with it. I irrationally miss the tritium in my front sight. (Irrationally, because I'm running an X300)
    I've been really happy with the HDs on my carry 226 and 239. I would prefer a thinner front but the hi-vis is critical to my old eyes. Without range glasses, sight alignment for me is big big bright thingy in the U shape thingy in the back. This works well enough to still be dangerous at distance. I'm lucky in that both hit to the top of the ball.....

Hoping the smaller version will still be usable for me without the range RX.
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-07-2016 at 09:02 PM.

paint?

Can I ask what paint you are using? I've tried a couple different options, was never pleased with the result...not bright enough.

Thanks

John,
    Ameriglo has the orange CAP front sights as replacements for #8 Sig sights. (square ProGlo). I'm running one on my P250.

http://ameriglo.com/collections/sig-...tritium-fronts
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    John,
    Ameriglo has the orange CAP front sights as replacements for #8 Sig sights. (square ProGlo). I'm running one on my P250.
    Unfortunately, that's a .140 and I'm really fond of a .120.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I just saw that these sights are available for the P30/VP9/HK45. Shut up and take my money already!
    Help a brother out- have a link for purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, that's a .140 and I'm really fond of a .120.
    Yeah. I thought that they were offering a #6 version as well, but I'm not seeing it on their site.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-19-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Any SHOT updates on availability?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List