Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I'm confused. Are these AmeriGlo or Trijicon?
    They are ameriglo. Idk why thumbs up was there. Supposed to say big step up from trijicons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY? Because they worked? FTW...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Glock supposedly owns the rights now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

Mother!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

They do, to the orange front BOLD sights.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

After using these sights now for approximately 9 months on two different guns, my only complaint is that the rear notch is cut too deep. I can slightly see the top of the slide through the rear notch, and I think the sight allows too much vertical “play” when trying to use a target focus sight picture with the orange dot. I haven’t used the square notch version yet, but based on photos I think they would work better for me.

Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Shot mine today. Not happy with the sights. I hate drive the dot. I screwed up because I thought these were poi top of sight. My buddy is having identical problems. We went with the .140
    front. Which is also not helping. The front is almost too much. My vision was getting blurred and focus was hard. Also did not help that I prefer cut the bullseye in half. So these sights gotta go. Bummed out because just looking at the sights its great.

I will say this. As far as unholstering and putting rounds on fast they are amazing. But My ratio of gunfights to range time is pretty dysfunctional. So I would prefer sights that I can shoot out to distance with. I think the thin green front would help. But idk on a size for my correct poi. I can see why a lot of guys would like these. But with my eyes and preferences for poi they are a no go.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 10-22-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Shot mine today. Not happy with the sights. I hate drive the dot. I screwed up because I thought these were poi top of sight. My buddy is having identical problems. We went with the .140
    front. Which is also not helping. The front is almost too much. My vision was getting blurred and focus was hard. Also did not help that I prefer cut the bullseye in half. So these sights gotta go. Bummed out because just looking at the sights its great.

I will say this. As far as unholstering and putting rounds on fast they are amazing. But My ratio of gunfights to range time is pretty dysfunctional. So I would prefer sights that I can shoot out to distance with. I think the thin green front would help. But idk on a size for my correct poi. I can see why a lot of guys would like these. But with my eyes and preferences for poi they are a no go.

You should be able to fix the poi with a front sight swap. How far off are they? You can also swap to a thinner .125” front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    You should be able to fix the poi with a front sight swap. How far off are they? You can also swap to a thinner .125” front sight.
    I agree. I do not know if they will swap one for me though. I would want to go green .125. I think a .185 tall front would do it. Seemed to be 2-3" low at 7 yards. I honestly think rmr2 is the future of this gun. I am very impressed with it.

I agree. I do not know if they will swap one for me though. I would want to go green .125. I think a .185 tall front would do it. Seemed to be 2-3" low at 7 yards. I honestly think rmr2 is the future of this gun. I am very impressed with it.
    I’m not sure if they will swap it, but you can always buy a new front sight separately.

However, I would recommend zeroing at 15 or 25 yds and not worrying about what your offset is at 7. If you zero at 7, you’re going to be significantly farther from an acceptable poi at 15-25. Also, to move your impact 2” at 7, you would need a .05” lower front sight. Ameriglo doesn’t make a BOLD front sight lower than .180”, and you likely have a .200” on your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I’m not sure if they will swap it, but you can always buy a new front sight separately.

However, I would recommend zeroing at 15 or 25 yds and not worrying about what your offset is at 7. If you zero at 7, you’re going to be significantly farther from an acceptable poi at 15-25. Also, to move your impact 2” at 7, you would need a .05” lower front sight. Ameriglo doesn’t make a BOLD front sight lower than .180”, and you likely have a .200” on your gun.
    Thanks for the help. I have been shooting only 147 grn through this. I also do almost all my shooting inside ten. So for me I prefer having the poi inside 15. I have had to do this with sigs in the past and it was easy. So your advice on the height difference gives me a lot better idea of what is needed. I am almost positive this is going to atei though.

User Tag List