Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Re: Post 126

VDM, are those bi-distance? Seems kind of like you could drive the dot for (example) 25 yard shots and use the top of the front sight for (another example) 50 yarders?
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 11-08-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Re: Post 126

VDM, are those bi-distance? Seems kind of like you could drive the dot for (example) 25 yard shots and use the top of the front sight for (another example) 50 yarders?
    In the range time I've had with them, 7y and in they are top/middle of dot and then point of ledge out to 25y.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

When is the release date on these and is there a name or model number?

Anybody get some more trigger time with these sights?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Anybody get some more trigger time with these sights?
    I've done some more.

The more I shoot them the better I get.

One thing I have noticed is that I've developed a crutch from using the defoor sights where in that I use the tips of the front ledge to align the sights and not the middle of the front sight post as you have to with nearly any circle/dot front sight. So I had a little aiming issue that developed which I am working through.

But if you are used to circle/dot sights these may be the right things for you.

Still no word on when they will be out.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

In reference to when they will be released, I emailed Rick at Ameriglo Nov. 6 and he informed me 1-1.5 months out.

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    In reference to when they will be released, I emailed Rick at Ameriglo Nov. 6 and he informed me 1-1.5 months out.
    SHOT timing perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have sights with and without "U" notches and I don't see why people get excited about them. I never notice the bottom of the rear notch while shooting.

Maybe I'm an unobservant dumbass, but I think it is overblown.

Given how flat and wide a Glock slide is, I don't think a dovetail front would be that good of an idea. Too many Leroys would jack up their sights installing/removing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I'm not going to say there's no difference, but I must say we're likely dealing with PII territory here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    What is PII?

I agree with Greg that the "full depth" rear sight cut is something I don't understand. Anyone have a reason that would be important?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I'm unsure what PII is also.

As for U-notch vs. square notch, the theory behind the U-notch is that people like to focus on hard edges. The U-notch takes away those edges and unconsciously you're better able to focus on the top edges of the sights (somewhat like removing dots or tritium on the rear sight, so you can focus better on the front sight). Some people prefer U-notches, some prefer square notches, others have no preference.

Personally I haven't shot U-notch rears enough to come to a conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    http://www.tactical-life.com/combat-...trospective-8/

As per Jeff Cooper

(Years ago we coined the appellation, “Preoccupation with Inconsequential Increments,” or PII. This peculiarity lies in attributing importance to measurable deviations so small as to be meaningless. You see it in the people who shoot test groups in rifles, awarding a prize to a group which is only thousandths of an inch smaller than those unrewarded. One sees it in speed records awarded in one-thousandths of one mile-per-hour. One sees it in basketball scores which, nearing the century mark, are separated by less than three points. In all such cases Score A is “better” than Score B, but who cares??
    It appears that Mr. Cooper actually made his thoughts known on the matter. On page 103 his 1961 "The Complete Book of Modern Handgunning" he wrote, "A 'U' notch rear suffers because the light on each side of the front sight is less measurable, being curved and pointed."
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    SHOT timing perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Just saw this, but that would make sense.

Looks like Trijicon has a thinner HD to introduce at SHOT. HD "XR" with .122 front.

TFB: New Trijicon Products
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List