Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Made this post on my site:

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/10/amerigl...ct-sights.html
    I posted several photos and stated that these sights were Spartan Operator Sights.

I was contacted by an anonymous, but in the know, party and told that I had made a mistake and I wanted to correct it publicly. These are not Spartan Operator Sights.

They are Ameriglo's submission to the FBI contract which the Glock 17M was chosen to be their new duty gun. You can check the Gov solicitation (pdf link at bottom of link) page 13, C4.14 shows the requirements for sights.

The clear distinction between these sights and the Spartan Operator Sights is the U-notch of the rear sight as well as the size of the front sight.

I think I'll be running these on my EDC Glock 19 soon.
    Links are live on my site.

I have no way of verifying this without giving up the source which I won't do, opsec and all that. These sights are not publicly available as far as I know.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 10-12-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Opsec
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Went and looked at that... interesting. If those come standard and are available to the public, that's a pretty tempting out of the box solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Went and looked at that... interesting. If those come standard and are available to the public, that's a pretty tempting out of the box solution.
    It is.

I have two fundamental issue HDs that remove them from my EDC carrying. Lack of 25y poa/poi point of ledge and size. Too thick not accurate enough, for me.

Of course they rip your clothing too....

These seem to be everything everyone asked for. I need to measure them and see how they differ thickness wise from the HDs.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I recently got some hds and they don't shot poa/poi either. If I put the center of the dot on the target at 25 yards it's 6-8 inches high. Even at 5 yards it's a couple inches high. I did contact Trijicon to see about exchanging my front sight for a different height.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Yeah, I saw your post of this the other day and it totally threw me off because I immediately went to go check Ameriglo's site for these sights and could not find them anywhere, much less branded as Spartan Tactical sights. This makes sense now as to why that is. I'm definitely interested in seeing what the dimensions are for these sights. I love the looks of that rear and if the front sight is as thin as what I'm hoping it is (0.125"), it'd pretty much be the best all around pistol sights IMO.

Looks like the tritium in the sights will all be the same color. At least that's what I got out of reading the requirement.

I didn't know and didn't notice the U-notch until the anonymous party corrected me.

When I get home I'll measure them.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Looks like the tritium in the sights will all be the same color. At least that's what I got out of reading the requirement.
    Damn...missed it by that much...

Those look nearly exactly the same as the Sig X-Ray sights, which I thought were made by Ameriglo.

I really like my X-Ray sights, sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I didn't know and didn't notice the U-notch until the anonymous party corrected me.

When I get home I'll measure them.
    I'm not used to reading that type of (requirement) verbiage, but it was a little confusing. At first it seemed to call for a square notch rear then later it allowed for a u notch.

User Tag List