Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I received a set of the FBI sights today. The package is marked as the front sight being a .125 width. The width of the rear sight notch is not listed. I am leaning towards putting these on a Gen3 G19.

I also received a .125 front along with a .160 u-notch rear. I find that the standard .165 height front sight shoots high at 25 yards, which is fine until I forget to adjust a 6-o'clock versus a bisecting sight picture; so, I asked for something taller and thinner than the standard .165x.140 front that comes with the Hacks.

I have a .150 wide square notch rear already on hand.

Now, I just have to decide which pistol gets what.
    Any chance you could measure the rear notch? IMO these would be the perfect sights if the rear was .150-.155. .160 at the most.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I think that's very gun specific. I have experienced blade and behind the dot with HDs and various Ameriglo over the years. No experience with the new FBI sights, but every gun can be its own rule. The nice thing about HDs is you can get various front sight heights to zero exactly as your wish. Ameriglo has some decent options on heights also.
    When did trijicon start offering different height front sights?

Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post

Got a link?
    They sell them on opticsplanet. I had an issue with my gun shooting 2-3" high at 7 yards. I contacted Trijicon and they sent me the taller one for free. Pretty awesome service. Now it shoots pretty close to poi/poa at 7 yards.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post

Got a link?
    http://shop.opticsplanet.com/trijico...FZMlgQod6wAMFg

Anybody get a chance to shoot these yet?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

PensFan
    Trijicon has probably been forced by the market to offer alternate sight heights because the market demands options. The Ameriglo FBI's are good to go. I don't have much love for Trijicon these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Anybody get a chance to shoot these yet?
    Was shooting all day with them today.

POA/POI is 25y point of front sight ledge. Super easy to catch on the draw during presentation. I didnt shoot a 200 drill but we were running other drills, pretty accurate due to the short width.

This is a definite good to go sight.

Still have to do some low/light cqb stuff to get a fully rounded idea.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This is a definite good to go sight.
    I expected as much given 1) Ameriglo and 2) the specs--a very well thought-out design and pretty much what I would spec out if I got to choose a sight design.

I hope that Ameriglo expands these beyond Glock...specifically SIG and (is it too much to hope) the P2000?

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I expected as much given 1) Ameriglo and 2) the specs--a very well thought-out design and pretty much what I would spec out if I got to choose a sight design.

I hope that Ameriglo expands these beyond Glock...specifically SIG and (is it too much to hope) the P2000?
    I can't speak for other brands but given the fact the FBI went with Glock over others pretty much means a lot of aftermarket support will be directed to that end rather than others it's nothing personal, just business.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I can't speak for other brands but given the fact the FBI went with Glock over others pretty much means a lot of aftermarket support will be directed to that end rather than others it's nothing personal, just business.
    Not surprising, and a reasonable business practice. But I figure posting the interest in a public place can't hurt...

User Tag List