Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    I probably missed it, but did anyone post what the "for sure" dimensions are on these sights???
    No. VDM's calipers ran out of juice so he did the side by side comparisons. Given that we know the dimensions of other sights, we can make some pretty accurate educated guesses on what their dimensions are. Considering you can't even buy them yet, I don't think anyone will need to worry about it until AmeriGlo decides to release them to the general public, if they ever do.

Good deal. I would love it if the dimensions were about .155-.165 notch and .125 post with decent paint around it.

My current sights are I dot pros. The normal .180/.140 with the old U notch rear for my G17 and .165/.125 on my G43. The .125 on the 43 is nice, but the white only outline doesn't "pop" as much as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    No. VDM's calipers ran out of juice so he did the side by side comparisons. Given that we know the dimensions of other sights, we can make some pretty accurate educated guesses on what their dimensions are. Considering you can't even buy them yet, I don't think anyone will need to worry about it until AmeriGlo decides to release them to the general public, if they ever do.
    Yeah that's my bad, I got the battery but am moving in the next two days so unfortunately it's just bad timing as everything is getting or is packed up.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yeah that's my bad, I got the battery but am moving in the next two days so unfortunately it's just bad timing as everything is getting or is packed up.
    No worries. I think the comparisons are sufficient for now. Ameriglo is really good at making their dimensions documented for individual sights when they're available for sale on their site.

I received a set of the FBI sights today. The package is marked as the front sight being a .125 width. The width of the rear sight notch is not listed. I am leaning towards putting these on a Gen3 G19.

I also received a .125 front along with a .160 u-notch rear. I find that the standard .165 height front sight shoots high at 25 yards, which is fine until I forget to adjust a 6-o'clock versus a bisecting sight picture; so, I asked for something taller and thinner than the standard .165x.140 front that comes with the Hacks.

I have a .150 wide square notch rear already on hand.

Now, I just have to decide which pistol gets what.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Are these commercially available now?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I would like to know this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post

Me as well
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Me as well
    That depends upon who is doing the asking and whom is being asked.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    That depends upon who is doing the asking and whom is being asked.
    Let's start with the presumption that the "who" is me. "Whom" should I direct my inquiry to?

User Tag List