Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    What do you think of those? I'm driving myself crazy trying to find the sight set I want. Ultimately, it would be Ameriglo Pro - Glo orange 0.125" front (doesn't appear to exist) paired with a 0.140" Ameriglo Classic rear (again does not appear to exist).
    So, I'm looking at the Ameriglo Pro-Glo orange 0.140" along with the 0.150" Ameriglo Classic rear sight.

The other 2 options are the standard Trijicon night sights (0.144" front and 0.150" rear) or Dawson Precision fiber optic front and rear (0.115" front and 0.125" rear).
    I haven't shot with those yet, because he hasn't put them on the gun yet! I'm looking for something else, though. The HD XRs just aren't doing it for me for precision work at distance. Too much light, too much play for my eyes. Fantastic for 10-15 yards and in...but 25 yard head shots? Tough with these, at least for me.

I called up Ameriglo a few weeks ago and asked for a set of Bold sights for my 19x, but with a .125 width front. Don said although Bold sights are normally exclusively sold through Glock, he could do my request through their custom shop. After a couple weeks hold up waiting for them to produce the .125x.200 front sight, the UPS fairy delivered yesterday. Hopefully I can get them mounted in the next few days and report back.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Has anyone tried the Agent sights on a gen 3 or 4 Glock 34 yet? If so, is there any overhang on the front sight?

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I called up Ameriglo a few weeks ago and asked for a set of Bold sights for my 19x, but with a .125 width front. Don said although Bold sights are normally exclusively sold through Glock, he could do my request through their custom shop. After a couple weeks hold up waiting for them to produce the .125x.200 front sight, the UPS fairy delivered yesterday. Hopefully I can get them mounted in the next few days and report back.
    Mounted them yesterday and shot for groups today. Good news: notch to post width ratio works well for my eyes- 2-3” groups at 25y with wrists on a rest were comparatively easy for my skill. Bad: shot consistently low, around 6-7” at 25y with 147AE. Just spoke with Don and working to arrange exchange for .125x.165 front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Mounted them yesterday and shot for groups today. Good news: notch to post width ratio works well for my eyes- 2-3” groups at 25y with wrists on a rest were comparatively easy for my skill. Bad: shot consistently low, around 6-7” at 25y with 147AE. Just spoke with Don and working to arrange exchange for .125x.165 front sight.
    I would go with the .180 height. I run that on my 5th gen 19s and 19Xs. The .165 is likely going to hit to high.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I would go with the .180 height. I run that on my 5th gen 19s and 19Xs. The .165 is likely going to hit to high.

TXPO
    Nothing is set in stone yet, but is your experience with 147 or other weights, and what sight picture? I was consistently about 6-7” low with “drive the dot.” Ideally I’d like to get a #2/ top edge of sight picture with 147, which seems to usually be drive the dot with lighter loads.

Still haven’t shot it yet to speak to POA/POI, but I just wanted to confirm that the Agent sights fit on the Glock 34s with a cutout. It’s flush with the opening, so that’s good. I’ll report back on the zero.

So what's the consensus on front sight height?

I'm looking to put the Ameriglo orange square painted front sight on my gen4 23 with the factory rear glock night sights. Specifically, the .120 width front. Best to get the .165 height or .180? Hopefully POI would be top of the front sight post rather than drive-the-dot. Thanks!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Okay so i got ahold of Ameriglo and they got me going. Had them do a custom set with the BOLD rear and the thin .125 orange front.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Does anyone have a link to a set of Agents or Pros with a .165 height front, thin .120 or .125 front, and standard to dot rear?
    #RESIST

User Tag List