Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

I'll sell somebody my set. They are too low profile for my eyes, and I don't do well with orange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I'll sell somebody my set. They are too low profile for my eyes, and I don't do well with orange.

PM sent

They have been sold. Sorry for cluttering the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I just called Ameriglo. GL-956 is no longer in production and they have no plans to put it back in production in the foreseeable future. The gentleman with whom I spoke said that GL-956 has been replaced by the FBI sights (U notch rear) which are/will be available for sale to the general public. He couldn't give me a product number and referred me to Google.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Well that's unfortunate. I prefer the square notch. Maybe the guy was misinformed like Hot Sauce mentioned below. Or I wonder if they made a big batch of square notch and U notch sights for the FBI to look at and when the FBI picked the U notch they just decided to sell off all of the square notch ones as a one time thing.

I've read a few times that Ameriglo makes a .125 wide Pro Glo sight, it just isn't on their website. If that's true, you could pair it with their standard Operator Rear for a somewhat similar sight picture as the BOLD sights. Though the regular Operator Rear has a .150 notch instead of the .165 on the BOLD sights.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    Well that's unfortunate. I prefer the square notch. Maybe the guy was misinformed like Hot Sauce mentioned below. Or I wonder if they made a big batch of square notch and U notch sights for the FBI to look at and when the FBI picked the U notch they just decided to sell off all of the square notch ones as a one time thing.

I've read a few times that Ameriglo makes a .125 wide Pro Glo sight, it just isn't on their website. If that's true, you could pair it with their standard Operator Rear for a somewhat similar sight picture as the BOLD sights. Though the regular Operator Rear has a .150 notch instead of the .165 on the BOLD sights.
    The U-notch were called the FBI sights from the beginning, so I doubt this was part of the selection process, but I'm not an insider.

As far as pairing with a different rear, keep in mind that there is a height differential compared to their regular Glock sights, as stated earlier than the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I am getting .196 on the front sight
    .191 on the rear
    and .263 on the rear from the dovetail side
    If we could pair them with regular height rears, I wouldn't care too much, given that I generally like .125/.150 width sight picture better than .125/.165.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    The U-notch were called the FBI sights from the beginning, so I doubt this was part of the selection process, but I'm not an insider.

As far as pairing with a different rear, keep in mind that there is a height differential compared to their regular Glock sights, as stated earlier than the thread.

If we could pair them with regular height rears, I wouldn't care too much, given that I generally like .125/.150 width sight picture better than .125/.165.
    Right, front and rear from the the BOLD sights are taller than the standard Glock sights so mixing those with standard height sights won't work. But apparently Ameriglo makes a Pro-Glo .125 front sight in the standard height as well.

I did some searching and I found where I read about the standard height "thin" Pro-Glo site. It was mentioned in the Ameriglo-CAP-Precision-Accuracy thread:

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    So I called Ameriglo and they said that the .123 front(TCAP width and height) with orange circle is available, but for whatever reason didn't appear on the website. He was going to try to fix the issue. Part number for the .123 with orange circle is GL-212-165-125-ORC .
    Looks like it might be .123 instead of .125 based on the info above. I also saw an Instagram post from Ameriglo for the BOLD sights and in the comments they mention they have .125 Pro-Glo's in several heights available:

ameriglosights@vleelawson we have Pro Glo .125" fronts in several heights. Please call to order

I may call them later this week and inquire about it as well.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrt81 View Post
    Right, front and rear from the the BOLD sights are taller than the standard Glock sights so mixing those with standard height sights won't work. But apparently Ameriglo makes a Pro-Glo .125 front sight in the standard height as well.

I did some searching and I found where I read about the standard height "thin" Pro-Glo site. It was mentioned in the Ameriglo-CAP-Precision-Accuracy thread:

Looks like it might be .123 instead of .125 based on the info above. I also saw an Instagram post from Ameriglo for the BOLD sights and in the comments they mention they have .125 Pro-Glo's in several heights available:
    ameriglosights@vleelawson we have Pro Glo .125" fronts in several heights. Please call to order

I may call them later this week and inquire about it as well.
    Ah, okay, now I'm following.

I really do wish they'd manage their website a little better.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Ah, okay, now I'm following.

I really do wish they'd manage their website a little better.
    Seriously. A simple table of part number, rear height/width, front height/width, and front type could replace their entire site and be far more informative.

Site Supporter
    It's irksome that I can't just order a pair of the FBI sights. I'll look around online some more tonight, but Google hasn't been much help in getting Ameriglo to take my money. It's almost comical that the first two hits on Google are this thread and Voodoo Man's website. Maybe I'll call Ameriglo back tomorrow. I don't know the inner workings there, but it seems to me that keeping the square notch rear sight in production would have been a good business move. I'd be very surprised if the guy I spoke with was confused about killing the Bold sites. I referred to them as "GL-956," and he knew immediately which product it was.

People talk about U notch vs square notch, and I can't really tell a difference. However, I've never done a pure comparison when everything else is the same. If I can ever actually buy a pair of the FBI sights, my two G19s will be identical except for the color of the frame and the geometry of the notch. It'll be interesting to see if there's any significant difference between the two. Right now I'm actually hoping that I shoot the U notches better.

@wrt81 What you suggested looks like the closet match. I got all excited about GL-450 and then saw that it was for the Glock 42,43. Oh well.

Since there seems to be questions...

From what I know FBI sight sets will be available sooner than later. I don't know the particulars all I know is that they will be eventually.

I doubt you can call and order them either, but you guys we welcome to try and report back.

There probably will be a green front down the line as well, as that is the standard Ameriglo product development direction.

I'm finishing up my review of the BOLD sights and it'll be up soon, currently running the CAP AP front with a bold rear.

User Tag List