Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Hey, you can already get decent Ameriglos for Sigs. Make the HD XRs for HK, and CZ, and all the other "off" brands that get no love.
    This is the point at which someone points out that those sound like the epic words of an XD enthusiast.

At which point the XD enthusiast corrects you and says, "That's XDM, motherfucker. Yep, the M stands for motherfucker."
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Any word on those FBI AmeriGlos coming to us lowly civilians?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I haven't heard anything but someone posted around Shot...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Looks like Trijicon has a thinner HD to introduce at SHOT. HD "XR" with .122 front.

TFB: New Trijicon Products
    From that release
    ...that is designed to allow “a larger field of view which further enhances the ability to identify targets, expedite engagements,
    and see location of hits on target at longer distances.”
    I had to laugh at the bolded line.

"Hey Cleetus! That shot impacted at 4 o'clock five inches away from the bull on the 100 yard target."

John Johnson has been trying to get Trijicon to make a thinner front sight for a couple of years now, even offered to pay for a limited run himself, looks like they finally listened.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    John Johnson has been trying to get Trijicon to make a thinner front sight for a couple of years now, even offered to pay for a limited run himself, looks like they finally listened.
    Well hopefully that one dude from Trijicon that responded to posts regarding the sharpness of the rear took that info back to HQ and got them to listen to that too. Trijicon HDs that have a thin front sight and a guaranteed "not stabby" rear would be tempting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Trijicon subscribes to the "we know better, because we do the testing ourselves!" type of methodology, so this is not surprising.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Ameriglo FBI Glock Contract Sights

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Well hopefully that one dude from Trijicon that responded to posts regarding the sharpness of the rear took that info back to HQ and got them to listen to that too. Trijicon HDs that have a thin front sight and a guaranteed "not stabby" rear would be tempting indeed.

I took that as a very positive sign the company (or, at least the guy who designed the sights) would represent in a social media thread.

The rears on my set for my VP9 were sharper than a mother in law's tongue. I had to knock the edges back with a file and emery paper. (The sights, not my mother in law).

I'd be mildly interested in the new HDs if I didn't already have a set.

To be honest, I only bought them because 'cool'. Heck, for two cents, I'd probably switch back to the OEM HK glow in the dark sights that came with the pistol. It was kind of a revelation going to Tom Givens lecture on low light shooting at Tac Con in Memphis this year. I now wish I'd spent that HD money on training.

If I could do the swap at home, I'd have done it, but I'm afraid to bugger up the slide or the sights.
    Last edited by RJ; 12-07-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Werds r hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I now wish I'd spent that HD money on training.

If I could do the swap at home, I'd have done it, but I'm afraid to bugger up the slide or the sights.
    Rich - brother, you are SO right. I don't even want to go into the amount of money I've spent so far trying to get decent sights on my 45c.

Thinner front sight for HD?

Humm.

Maybe. I'll have to see...if they make them for the 45c I'm gonna be tempted...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    For the Sig enthusiasts....looks like Lipseys is showing them on their website for the Sig 226 9mm/.357 SIG......just not in stock yet. Fingers crossed! Our armorer is replacing guys fading siglite sights with the HDs if they want them. I love the concept, but that front sight is like trying to aim with a basketball at arms length. These would be just right.
    Last edited by AMC; 12-07-2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Freaking autocorrect

User Tag List