Thread: Surefire 300 vs 400 Dimentions?

Surefire 300 vs 400 Dimentions?

Got a 400 U because it was available, but I see many more WML holsters rated for the 300U. According to Surefires website, the length and width are the same, but are there other considerations that make a 300U-compatible holster not suitable for a 400? (I.e., height, placement of controls.)

Specifically, FWIW, this will go on my Colt Rail Gun with a DG switch.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    Last edited by Drang; 10-11-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Got a 400 U because it was available, but I see many more WML holsters rated for the 300U. According to Surefires website, the length and width are the same, but are there other considerations that make a 300U-compatible holster not suitable for a 400? (I.e., height, placement of controls.)

Specifically, FWIW, this will go on my Colt Rail Gun with a DG switch.

Thanks in advance for any input.
    The big honking laser module at the bottom is the issue. Pretty sure that's the only issue, though it's a fairly tough one to surmount.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-11-2016 at 02:49 PM.

So my next question, which only I can answer, is why in the hell did I think the 300U also had a laser...?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List