150 lms 10 hr
    50 lms 37 hr
    5 lms 260 hr
    on one 18650 battery tail clicky switch

Name:  FS_PD32_16__34944.1452008328.650.500.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  28.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I have a couple of good lights, but actually carry the Surefire 6P with an aftermarket LED head. Gives about 300 lumens or so.

I like my Fenix, mostly. But it's too long for the pocket, and the tail switch isn't bullet proof reliable, like the Surefire. Plus, the Surefire was NOS cheap - $30 for the incandescent, brand new light, and $15 or so for the LED head. The Fenix was like $90.

EDC it is a Four7s Preon2. I have a couple different ones from a special run with more powerful and white emitters. I replace the tail caps with Streamlight Microstream rubber caps. I hate the Preon clicky caps, they accidentally actuate way too often.

I've been carrying the TerraLux TT1-EX since December 2015, and I'm really happy with it. It rides nicely clipped in my front left pocket. Easy to manipulate with my weak hand, while having a pistol in my strong hand.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012V0K4AW/

Premium CREE LED, delivering a maximum output of 400 ANSI lumens; 3 Light modes plus strobe
    Easy to use dual button tail-switch for quick, one-handed operation; Mode switch provides instant access to Strobe at all times
    Requires 1 x CR123A

I have been carrying a 4sevens Quark Tactical QTA since I won it in a Karma thread. Using an XTAR protected 14500 cell. I need to get the PRO head to give me burst mode.

Before this I was carrying a 4sevens Quark Tactical 123 which is a great light and now belongs to my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Can't say I am very aware of all the current options, but some months ago I did just move to a couple of new lights after using Streamlight PT 1 and 2 Ls for several years (which were just great.)
    What's the point of the rubber band on the Klarus?

I carry either a Surefire P2X Fury, or a Surefire C2L fitted with a Malkoff M61 LED, which is rated at about 325 lumens.

Site Supporter
    Not to add any thread drift, has anyone had any experience with high lumen (500+), single stage (not programmable), 18650 powered light? Bonus points if it's a 1" body/tube

Quote Originally Posted by Eastex View Post
    What are you carrying? I'm looking at a Olight S1 Baton, any opinions on those? I currently have a Eagletac and I like it okay but the tail cap is rough as a cob and I like the look of the Olights magnetic tail cap. I've never used it for any tactical purposes but the daily utility of having a flashlight handy was really surprising to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At work, I've been using the Klaus XT12 - 930 lumens for a little over a year or so. I really like it, the ability to charge it using a USB was a big plus. When not at work I've been using the Klaus XT1C XP-G. The only downside to the XT1C is it's not rechargeable.

I have zero experience with the Olight S1 Baton.
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 10-12-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I have a couple of good lights, but actually carry the Surefire 6P with an aftermarket LED head. Gives about 300 lumens or so.

I like my Fenix, mostly. But it's too long for the pocket, and the tail switch isn't bullet proof reliable, like the Surefire. Plus, the Surefire was NOS cheap - $30 for the incandescent, brand new light, and $15 or so for the LED head. The Fenix was like $90.
    What aftermarket LED head are you using? Id like to upgrade my incan 6P, Nitrolon and the E2E.

User Tag List