Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashlights in 2016

Can't say I am very aware of all the current options, but some months ago I did just move to a couple of new lights after using Streamlight PT 1 and 2 Ls for several years (which were just great.)

Currently using the Klarus XT2C as my primary light, pocket carried, and the Terralux TT1-EX as my keychain backup light. Very happy with both of them.

[img]20160218_130122 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]

[img]20160211_091026 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I carry either an eb1/eb2 with the momentary/twist switch, or a 4sevens quark tactical 2x123a cell(I bought 5 when I heard they had to change the switching because of the lawsuit).
    I'm not very happy about the current state of the market, so I found what works and got a bunch of them.

For edc off duty I carry the four seven preon p1. 100 lumens from a light that takes one AAA and is tiny is hard to beat.

I've been carrying this protac 1 exclusively. It's a great size for an EDC but not sure how it fits into a "tactical" role. Their new protac models take aaa or cr123. I have that on my radar if I ever upgrade.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Elzetta Alpha.

There are 155 responses in this thread...some even stay on the topic of EDC flashlights.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....EDC-flashlight
    Last edited by davisj; 10-11-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Can't say I am very aware of all the current options, but some months ago I did just move to a couple of new lights after using Streamlight PT 1 and 2 Ls for several years (which were just great.)

Currently using the Klarus XT2C as my primary light, pocket carried, and the Terralux TT1-EX as my keychain backup light. Very happy with both of them.

[img ]20160218_130122 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]

[im g]20160211_091026 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    I'm with Gabe, save for the Klarus may alternate with a Nitecore P10 as I have a few of each.

The new Klarus XT1C will be here tomorrow and as a single cell at 700 lumens with instant strobe, same as the Terralux and other Klarus/Nitecore a few of those may do the trick for me as well. Time will tell.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Flashlights in 2016

I'm using a Nitecore MT10C with an unprotected 18350 rechargeable. Up to 920 lumens in a 1 x CR123 size.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-11-2016 at 07:38 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I am still carrying my streamlight protac 2aa edc off duty. It's just perfectly what I want (a thin light that has enough lumens for daily use). Review is on my site...

For work I carry a streamlight stinger DS LED HL, its rechargeable.

Though I am leaning towards getting a usb chargeable flashlight I am just trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on the streamlight version or give one of the china-brand types.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I ended up with the streamlight pro tac 2aa also. I have to agree with VDM. It is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I am still carrying my streamlight protac 2aa edc off duty. It's just perfectly what I want (a thin light that has enough lumens for daily use). Review is on my site...

For work I carry a streamlight stinger DS LED HL, its rechargeable.

Though I am leaning towards getting a usb chargeable flashlight I am just trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on the streamlight version or give one of the china-brand types.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

The 2xAA light I leave downstairs in the basement for when I need to run into the workshop, garage or outside is a Malkoff MDC 2AA. It gives 3 settings of 3, 25 and 250 lumens.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List