Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashlights in 2016

Flashlights in 2016

What are you carrying? I'm looking at a Olight S1 Baton, any opinions on those? I currently have a Eagletac and I like it okay but the tail cap is rough as a cob and I like the look of the Olights magnetic tail cap. I've never used it for any tactical purposes but the daily utility of having a flashlight handy was really surprising to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I EDC the Fenix PD32. Check it out at the Fenix store.

I currently carry a Streamlight Stylus PRO. Currently looking for something significantly brighter that comes with a good sturdy pocket clip.

Site Supporter
    I carry a Surefire LX2 (discontinued), which has a great user interface - press the momentary tailcap slightly for 15 lumens, and press further for 200. The clip is the weak point; it breaks too easily when it snags on a chair or vehicle seat.

My Fenix TK11 has worked very well also.

For EDC...an Olight i3s EOS (1 x AAA) or Malkoff MDC 16650 Neutral depending on the day and needs. The Olight gives off .5, 20, and 80 lumens. The MDC provides 20, 100, 500 lumens.

For a tactical light, a Surefire 6z with a Malkoff M61 drop-in or a Surefire E2e with Malkoff E2 head. (These provide 325 lumens out the front for over an hour.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Lenslight Mini TAD edition in Sequoia, Elzetta Mini CQB on rifle, Surefire on pistol. I have some Eagletacs in drawers that are super bright, unsure on durability.
    <Matthew 10:28>

EDC - Surefire E2D LED Defender and Streamlight Micro Stream.

Site Supporter
    Coast HP1 w/ Nitecore 14500 Li-Ion battery is my EDC light. Beam is comparable to my early E2DL without the CR123 price point for batteries.

Only gripe about the HP1 is the sliding head for making the beam go from flood to spot and back. Wish there was one like that that was like the spot only.

I have a EB1 backup I have carried for years. It has help up good, the pocket clip can snag and bend but is easy enough to bend back. The thyrm works with it, which is nice to have for a number of reasons.

Site Supporter
    Terralux TT1-EX (400 lumen) for pocket carry, or a Klarus XT2C (1,100 lumen) for belt carry. The new Klarus XT1C, with 400 lumens on CR123 or 700 lumens on 16340, is on order and should be in to the dealer soon.

I usually have a FourSevens MLR2 on my keychain but after a fee years of use, including multiple 3 foot drops, it is at FourSevens for warranty repair. Using a Titanium Innovations coin cell light on the keychain until I get it back, and this light does the vast majority of what I use a keychain light for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List