Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabe White Standards

"Failure to Stop" is becoming my favorite Drill to run. Draw, shoot, transition, only costing me 3 rounds at a time.

Pulled off many sub 2.10 sec runs today with my best at 2.06 concealed. This puts me around 1.8ish with the .25 concealment bonus.

Getting there.

I have been meaning to give these a shot for awhile and remembered to do it today. I warmed up shooting each string a couple times to get a feel for where I was and if I had to push on the time anywhere and then ran it in order below. I shot this with a g34 out of an open carry holster at 3:00. Here's the results:

Bill Drills

2 body 1 head

2 headshot (edit: this was shot a 3rd time bc I wasn't sure if the timer picked up my 2nd shot or someone else's in a line near me on the 2nd run)

4 body 2 head

The last one was by far the tightest for me on time. Transitioning up and slowing down for a second headshot split is much more challenging then a traditional failure drill. I shot a few of the strings concealed with a g19 as well but did not do the whole test back to back. For that I hit:
    Bill drill - 2.00, 2.10
    Failure drill - 1.79, 1.82
    2 head - 1.98, 1.91
    4 body/2 head - 2.33 (only shot this one once)
    Last edited by Gio; 02-19-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Bill Drills
    My all time least favorite test/drill. Have shot a dozen in the last week and the fastest one clean was 2.67. I have misgivings on whether the juice is worth the squeeze to expend the volume of ammo on this one.

2 body 1 head
    Feeling solid (match speed) in the 2.14-2.17 range.

2 headshot (4" circle)
    Feeling solid (match speed) in the 2.15-2.30 range.
    50/50 success under 2.0

4 body 2 head
    2.65 range
    I find it very puzzling that I can shoot these 6 about the same speed as my BDs but with better accuracy. Next time out I'll shoot a few of these before shooting the BDs and try to be more mindful. Something mental must be involved here.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    4 body 2 head
    2.65 range
    I find it very puzzling that I can shoot these 6 about the same speed as my BDs but with better accuracy. Next time out I'll shoot a few of these before shooting the BDs and try to be more mindful. Something mental must be involved here.
    Mystery solved!!!! TYPO in my notes. Thankfully I had a crappy phone vid vet my typo against.

3.65 for that drill. Whew, saved a ton for counseling.

[but it did turn out to be mental]
    Last edited by JHC; 02-21-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Finally had a chance to run these on video. Spoiler alert..I think the split bill drill is the hardest.

A71593

FYI to anyone getting confused on terminology, I updated a couple of the drill names as I was standing up my website. Nothing about the shooting, engagement sequences, times, or test protocols has changed. Just a couple of names.

Bill Drill (6 to the body)
    Failure to Stop (2 to the body, 1 to the head)
    Immediate Incapacitation (2 to the head)
    Split Bill Drill (4 to the body, 2 to the head)

Many thanks to everyone who has been shooting these. It's really fun to see them put to use and see how people do! Great video and shooting, nwhpfan.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I've tried these a couple times to compare different guns and as a way to get some useful trigger time with the carry guns.

Because im kinda dumb I missed that youre supposed to do it twice so please bear with me.

Tried it today with my new (waiting for a license) carry gun, G19 RTF2. Gun is still totally stock including the factory slot fillers, out the box trigger on this gun is outstanding thanks to some strange cosmic alignment , as I picked it for its cool serial number that starts BDSM not anything about the useful features of this particualr example. Holster is a 5 shot leather SME for a HK USP( Don't judge it covers the trigger guard safely and carries the 17 MOS I am currently carrying damn comfortably) under an untucked button up shirt. The grip on the draw isn't perfect and possibly accounts for a couple unnecessary tenths on my draw. Ammo was Aquila 115gr +P FMJ's.

My results
    Bill Drill 2.52-.25 2.27
    Failure to Stop 2.00 -.25 1.75
    2 Head 1.83-.25 +.25 1.83 El Snatoched the second one low left into the B
    Splith Bill Drill 2.67-.25 =.25 2.67 Popped a C just above the circle of the IDPA Target

Lessons learned , besides the fact that I am no Gabe White, my draw is what is letting me down. Splits are on or comfotably below the required time, draws are just not where they should be.
    Last edited by BigT; 03-13-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Gabe White Standards

BDSM, what an appropriate serial prefix for a G19 with RTF texturing. Make sure you get your belt extra tight and don't wear an undershirt. Otherwise you're just doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-13-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    BDSM, what an appropriate serial prefix for a G19 with RTF texturing. Make sure you get your belt extra tight and don't wear an undershirt. Otherwise you're just doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL

I had a 17 RTF and weirdly carried strong side it was like having a dominatrix with a fetishes for belt Sanders, but AIWB I don't notice it , even with my successful lifestyle body shape.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I guess I don't visit this sub-forum often and this is the first I am seeing this drill. Nice looking drill, gonna be some tough standards but I look forward to running it. Gonna be heading OCONUS in a couple of days through the end of the month so I might have to wait a bit to run it, but I will definitely be giving it a shot, or two, or three.

User Tag List