Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabe White Standards

LOL, you're disgusting.

It might make sense for me to just incorporate movement into these drills since they are my primary focus.

Excellent!

GAP - and anyone else - I had an idea for a semi-centralized thread dedicated to review and discussion of PF members' videos. If you want in on it, take some video! The thread is right here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Review-Thread
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

GAP, we were talking a little about shooting into and out of position before, and I worked on those drills and grabbed some video yesterday afternoon. I put it in the video review thread since it's really not about the drills I use in PSS: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post562065
    Lord of the Food Court

Thanks, I'm following that thread as well.

I have a new GoPro to roll out this Spring so I'm hoping that within a month or two I'll be able to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Thanks, I'm following that thread as well.

I have a new GoPro to roll out this Spring so I'm hoping that within a month or two I'll be able to contribute.
    After I'd had a GoPro a few months and littered my FB page with POV shooting drills, long gun to pistol transitions, shooting while moving; I had to wonder "is this thing causing me to waste ammo on stupid pet tricks or to finally practice things I should have been already?"
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    After I'd had a GoPro a few months and littered my FB page with POV shooting drills, long gun to pistol transitions, shooting while moving; I had to wonder "is this thing causing me to waste ammo on stupid pet tricks or to finally practice things I should have been already?"
    I like Arsenal AKs and Glocks.. preferably together so there will more than likely be delta ninja rolls and weapon transitions. That first AK speed reload when I flick the empty mag out with a full mag is going to get me at least 100 likes.

I shot these today and saw a decent improvement from last time.

My adjusted times for concealment were
    Bill Drill:
    3.44 -1C = 3.44
    2.88 -1C = 2.88

F2S
    3.13 -0= 2.88
    2.76 -0= 2.51

2H
    2.77 -0 =2.52
    2.78 -1B= 2.78

4B2H
    4.11 -1B= 4.11
    4.02 -1B= 4.02

I really like these. They are very challenging for me. I had a bad trigger freeze/ oh crap moment on the first bill drill. My sights were way off target and I realized it so I had to readjust and it resulted in a .61 split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Nice job, you improve quickly when you slow down, perform the drill correctly, and show consistency.

Theres no short cut to it.. I've gotten faster at Bill Drills by doing Bill Drills.

With Gabe's concealment bonus I hit a Bill Drill at 2.01 the other day. I'm going to focus on the drill for at least another month to see if I can pull it off on a consistent basis.

Without unlimited funds for ammo, I've found having quality sessions of 100-150 rounds works best for me. I'm able to give 100% effort and focus, and can afford more frequent sessions.

Hammertime
    It would be nice to have a "Gabe White Standards" or "Food Court Challenge" post in the Pistol Training Drill section. It would make looking up the info from the DotW for this particular drill easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    It would be nice to have a "Gabe White Standards" or "Food Court Challenge" post in the Pistol Training Drill section. It would make looking up the info from the DotW for this particular drill easier.
    Well...I can't sticky anything if that's what you're asking for, but this thread seems like a good place to put them. PDF attached too, so you can download if you want.

---

Pistol Shooting Solutions

Technical Skills Testing

USPSA Metric or IDPA target at 7 yards, 3x5 or 4" circle added to the head.

Three start positions allowed - hands at sides, hands high torso, hands at surrender/opportunity. No extra shots allowed.

Scored time-plus:
    A/-0/4" circle = no penalty
    B/C/-1 = + 0.25 second per shot
    D/-3 = + 1 second per shot
    Miss = + 2 seconds per shot
    Head shots that land in the body count as misses.
    Body shots that land in the head are lucky shots that will be scored.

Times listed are for open-carried, non-retention gear. Concealment or duty gear (SLS+ALS minimum) gets a 0.25 second bonus (subtraction) on all drills.

The four drills are shot two times each. The highest-scoring four out of the eight total attempts will count for performance awards.

Turbo Pin - A highly developed level of excellence in core technical skills of drawing and shooting.
    Bill Drill, 2.00 (1.00 + .20 + .20 + .20 + .20 + .20)
    Failure to Stop, 1.70 (1.00 + .20 + .50)
    Two to the head, 2.00 (1.50 + .50)
    4 body 2 head, 2.60 (1.00 + .20 + .20 + .20 + .50 + .50)

Light Pin – An early stage of excellence in core technical skills of drawing and shooting.
    Bill Drill, 2.50 (1.25 + .25 + .25 + .25 + .25 + .25)
    Failure to Stop, 2.25 (1.25 + .25 + .75)
    Two to the head, 2.50 (1.75 + .75)
    4 body 2 head, 3.50 (1.25 + .25 + .25 + .25 + .75 + .75)

Dark Pin – A tactical level of proficiency in core technical skills of drawing and shooting.
    Bill Drill, 3.50 (1.50 + .40 + .40 + .40 + .40 + .40)
    Failure to Stop, 2.90 (1.50 + .40 + 1.00)
    Two to the head, 3.00 (2.00 + 1.00)
    4 body 2 head, 4.70 (1.50 + .40 + .40 + .40 + 1.00 + 1.00)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lord of the Food Court

User Tag List