Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabe White Standards

Tag for pins
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I shot this today cold with a Glock 22 from concealment at the AIWB position using a DSG holster. I made a video because that's what I do.

Times were asscrap.

Bill Drill: 2.66-0.25 = 2.41
    F2S Drill: 2.64+0.25-0.25 = 2.64
    2x head: 2.13+0.25+0.25-0.25 = 2.38
    4x body 2 head: 2.95+0.25-0.25 = 2.95

One note, I made this harder than it needed to be because instead of shooting a 3x5 card I shot the credit card in the USPSA head box. Even shooting a harder version with the leeetle head box, I would have light-pinned everything except for the F2S drill, which was total bullshit because I know I can shoot that a lot faster.

Tomorrow I'm going to set it up again and shoot the whole thing balls out, eat more B/C hits and see how it affects me.
    Last edited by jetfire; 01-03-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I shot this today cold with a Glock 22 from concealment at the AIWB position using a DSG holster. I made a video because that's what I do.

Times were asscrap.

Bill Drill: 2.66-0.25 = 2.41
    F2S Drill: 2.64+0.25-0.25 = 2.64
    2x head: 2.13+0.25+0.25-0.25 = 2.38
    4x body 2 head: 2.95+0.25-0.25 = 2.95

One note, I made this harder than it needed to be because instead of shooting a 3x5 card I shot the credit card in the USPSA head box. Even shooting a harder version with the leeetle head box, I would have light-pinned everything except for the F2S drill, which was total bullshit because I know I can shoot that a lot faster.

Tomorrow I'm going to set it up again and shoot the whole thing balls out, eat more B/C hits and see how it affects me.
    Watching the video, I could swear you did the last drill as a 5+1 instead of a 4+2, but you have the right amount of hits in the head.

Gabe White Standards

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Watching the video, I could swear you did the last drill as a 5+1 instead of a 4+2, but you have the right amount of hits in the head.
    So I absolutely smoked the transition from body into head, and called the shot nearly come off the target entirely so I slammed on the brakes hard and was like "get a fucken hit, dickhead."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jetfire; 01-03-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Gabe, I made shooting your standards a priority for this year. It works perfectly to evaluate my progress since it's basic draw and shoot X rounds in X time drills.

Caleb, I just recently came across your channel on the tube and it's filled with great stuff! I am giving Appendix carry a real shot now that the Gadget is here and I carry Glocks.

For the past few years I've shot 10k rounds or so per year through a couple G26s from IWB. Now that I've been working from Appendix I see the limitations of the short grip for drawing. I tried a pinky extension but they end up forcing me to point down as a squeeze the grip and shoot for speed.

I squeezed a shit ton of accuracy out of the 26. I'm hoping I can do the same with the 19, but with greater speed.

Thanks for the valuable info guys, it's really helping me progress.

Super cool GAP, can't wait to hear how it goes!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I've not touched a pistol since before Thanksgiving. Today I decided it was finally time to get back on the horse. I started with the Humbler, cold. (555/700), let's not talk about that. Anyway, after that, I decided to punish myself further and shoot Mr White's standards. I'm registered for his April class in GA and figured I'd better get a baseline to work from. Whatever version I was looking at had the 2 to the head and F2S strings reversed so you'll see the times as
    Bill Drill
    F2S
    2 to head
    Reverse FAST

I shot my Gen 4 G17 from IWB @ 3:30 under a polo.

The zero on the second 2 to head run...just a little low:

Today would've gotten me a light pin. Not bad for 8 weeks cold I guess. Hopefully over the next two months I can get to some Turbo times. All in the draw I think. My average draw today was about 1.7 with my fastest at 1.5.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Super cool GAP, can't wait to hear how it goes!
    I'm going to tackle these one at a time then try to do them cold, on demand.

Today I did "Two to the Head" on an index card using a Glock 19 in a JM Custom George AIWB, concealed under a fleece pullover.

I didn't realize until after the fact that I get a .25 bonus for using concealment.

Conclusion: I'm curious to see how the other drills go, but I am certainly much faster with a Glock 19 from appendix than I ever was with a Glock 26 from behind my hip. I'm pretty excited since speed was my primary concern and it seems appendix + longer G19 grip solved that for me.

My three best runs today were:
    1.95 - .25 = 1.7
    1.85 - .25 = 1.6
    1.84 - .25 = 1.59

Gabe, have you mentioned somewhere why you chose to not use any type of reload for any of the standards? To keep it street, not competition?

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I'm going to tackle these one at a time then try to do them cold, on demand.

Today I did "Two to the Head" on an index card using a Glock 19 in a JM Custom George AIWB, concealed under a fleece pullover.

I didn't realize until after the fact that I get a .25 bonus for using concealment.

Conclusion: I'm curious to see how the other drills go, but I am certainly much faster with a Glock 19 from appendix than I ever was with a Glock 26 from behind my hip. I'm pretty excited since speed was my primary concern and it seems appendix + longer G19 grip solved that for me.

My three best runs today were:
    1.95 - .25 = 1.7
    1.85 - .25 = 1.6
    1.84 - .25 = 1.59
    Excellent GAP! Curious to hear how you end up feeling the four different drills compare. So far there seems to be a trend but I surmise individual shooter strengths might throw a couple curves into that.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List