Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabe White Standards

Gabe White Standards: P-07

CZ P-07 Cajunized (ProGrade 8.5#DA / 4#SA). Dawson FO front sight 0.95", black rear. SS guiderod w/15# flat wire recoil spring. Tractiongrips griptape.
    JMCK AIWB George under a heavy sweater.

Notes: Weather was cold (43F) and rainy. I was encouraged that even with cold hands and heavy cover garment, I made Turbo on 5/8 runs. Drawing a visible aiming square on the upper A zone was helpful, and allowed me to be more aggressive on the 2H strings. My draws to the body were between 1.0 - 1.3s, and I'm confident I can bring that down a little bit as the weather warms up. The F2S par time for Turbo is very tight, and at least for me would require a 1.0s draw to have the time to get decent hits. I'm able to make up for a slower draw--at least some of the time--on the Bill and 4B2H with ~0.18 splits.

I am also very pleased that I've finally reached at least as good performance with my P-07 as I had with my p320c

Bill
    2.23 +.25 - .25 = 2.23 L
    2.21 - .25 = 1.96 T

F2S
    1.96 +.25 -.25 = 1.96 L
    1.77 +.25 -.25 = 1.77 L

2H
    1.83 +.25 -.25 = 1.83 T
    1.78 -.25 = 1.53 T

4B2H
    2.57 +.25 -.25 = 2.57 T
    2.62 -.25 = 2.37 T
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-26-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

HK P2000 LEM, shot from Blade Tech Classic OWB.

Bill drill = 2.83
    Failure to stop = 2.33
    Two to the head = 2.56
    4 body 2 head = 3.71

I have been "shooting" (i.e. going to the desert and putting holes in a target with little attention to technique) for over 30 years. I did my first competition just after I turned 50 last summer, and I have been seriously training and competing ever since. This site and the Gabe White Standards have been a great way to both learn and gauge my progress.

Although there are many technical areas in which I can improve, this test really made me realize that I am inconsistent. Although I had a few "good" runs, my times were all over the place. The HK P2K is a great gun, and I am really enjoying learning the LEM trigger.
    Last edited by ncrockclimb; 01-28-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Really cool to see the results from different shooters and different guns! Thanks for shooting these!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

CZ P-07 Cajunized (ProGrade 8.5#DA / 4#SA). Dawson FO front sight 0.95", black rear. SS guiderod w/15# flat wire recoil spring. Tractiongrips griptape.
    JMCK AIWB George under a synthetic T shirt.

Notes: I've been using the GW drills as a warm-up before my regular practice session with my Production gear. The weather was so nice yesterday that I stripped down to a t-shirt, and was looking forward to seeing if my scores would improve. As you can see, it was a mixed bag. I've found that whenever time or speed enters my consciousness, consistency suffers. I felt like I was pushing speed on the draw, and that yielded some nice 0.9s draws, but also more points down and a botched run on F2S. The good part was scoring two Turbo runs on F2S. A Turbo clean sweep is within reach.

Bill
    2.13 +.5 - .25 = 2.38 L
    2.07 .+.5 - .25 = 2.32 L
    F2S
    Aborted run--foxed my grip on the draw.
    1.79 - .25 = 1.54 T
    1.82 - .25 = 1.57 T
    2H
    1.78 - .25 = 1.53 T
    1.76 - .25 = 1.51 T
    4B2H
    2.53 +.5 - .25 = 2.78 L
    2.85 - .25 = T = 2.60 T
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-07-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I am just here to say, I did not do nearly as well when shooting these "for realz" in front of Gabe with the whole class watching. That makes me mad as typically I don' find myself crumbling under pressure, but it surely had an effect. This is not to say that when by myself I Turbo these things every time. I actually never Turbo the Bill drill. (Yet)

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I am just here to say, I did not do nearly as well when shooting these "for realz" in front of Gabe with the whole class watching.
    Same here, lol, that's why it's so important for me to do the test demos. Part of the deal I think.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

You heard it here — the 19X may turn out to be the cheater gun for Gabe’s test.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I am just here to say, I did not do nearly as well when shooting these "for realz" in front of Gabe with the whole class watching. That makes me mad as typically I don' find myself crumbling under pressure, but it surely had an effect. This is not to say that when by myself I Turbo these things every time. I actually never Turbo the Bill drill. (Yet)
    With you there bro. I've yet to turn in a sub 2 sec bill drill, but in practice I can occasionally meet turbo standards for some of them.

Pressure is a for reals thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don’t anyone who can actually put down their warmed up, relaxed practice session PR level of performance in a class or competition setting where you get only one chance, with no mulligans.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ... you get only one chance, with no mulligans.
    Welcome to USPSA. LOL

User Tag List