Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Gabe White Standards

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    It is interesting to consider how much of a handicap there is to start with hands out of pockets. It's at least 1-2 seconds for my pants pockets under ideal conditions. Not good... Did I recall that @BehindBlueI's had some data on this?
    Pocket carry was great against street robbers for the obvious reasons. They expect you to put your hand in your pocket and the 'timer' doesn't start until they realize you are not complying. I've seen almost no robbery suspects pat anyone down or go in their pockets themselves. I think to maintain distance and just a general expectation of compliance.

Obviously not ideal for counter-ambush situations. I think if someone wants to carry two guns, AIWB and pocket combo is a good one where each carry position covers the weakness of the other. AIWB is harder to disguise a draw from, pocket is slow outside of disguised draws, and pocket is excellent for retention so you're not fighting over two guns.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Obviously not ideal for counter-ambush situations. I think if someone wants to carry two guns, AIWB and pocket combo is a good one where each carry position covers the weakness of the other. AIWB is harder to disguise a draw from, pocket is slow outside of disguised draws, and pocket is excellent for retention so you're not fighting over two guns.
    Your expertise is why I pocket carry lefty to supplement my AIWB primary… and when I don’t carry a primary I still keep it there for continuity in training and execution.

First real range session with Alien

Still fighting the difference in index between my normal CZs and the Alien.

Was good enough for 7 of 8 runs in Turbo par times.

The one Light pin run was the second Bill when I indexed high and had a Charlie due to grip angle.

Name:  11CC8F5D-4500-4A35-B970-273353F3B7E5.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  89.6 KB

User Tag List