Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Does anybody know more about this bike? Seen it on a professional riders Instagram and it's exactly what I'm looking for.
    Looks like a fixie. That would be a manly ride on hills.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Does anybody know more about this bike? Seen it on a professional riders Instagram and it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Luke, it looks like it's a dirt jumping rig. Read slope style/park/BMX/dual slalom.

Category examples: http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/cate...irt_jump_urban
    Last edited by taadski; 10-10-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Luke, it looks like it's a dirt jumping rig. Read slope style/park/BMX/dual slalom.

Category examples: http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/cate...irt_jump_urban
    Yep. Pretty limited application but fun if thats what you're looking for.

It was Barry nobles. I used to race BMX and now that the kids are getting older I want to get me a bike to ride with them. Normally I'd prefer. 21" top tube BMX bike but wanted to get a 24" this time. A buddy of mine does a little light mountain biking and I figured I could tag along on one of those. I don't want a full suspension bike, or something that weighs 20 pounds. I also refuse to have my seat 15" in the air with my handle bars 10" in front of the bike.

I got my old haro frame back from the kid I gifted it too when I quit racing, he left it outside and it's all rusty. Thought about just trying to clean it up and start with a bare frame.
    Last edited by Luke; 10-10-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    i used to wannabe

I used to race BMX as well and picked up a 21" BMX bike as an adult some years back. Didn't end up being as fun as I thought, though course YMMV. However if you plan on longer rides you might find yourself a little limited with it. Not exactly the most comfortable option.

Santa Cruz has a pretty cool option you could buy as a frame and get all blinged-out on: http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/jackal

That bike looks sick! Looks like they don't sell a complete bike though. I'll have to sit down and see how pricey and build like that would be. Wonder if the AL frames have a weight limit?
    i used to wannabe

Bikes!

Airborne Bicycles Wingman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by orionz06; 10-10-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I want to hit the BMX track and go do a little off road riding at the oak mountain state park (lots of trails). What do the people of PF say?
    i used to wannabe

I want to hit the BMX track and go do a little off road riding at the oak mountain state park (lots of trails). What do the people of PF say?
    As far as a bike goes? I'd definitely stick with at least a 26" wheel for trails. I've tried a BMX on single track. It's brutal.

Try an aluminum H/T frame with a relatively slack geometry a 4" travel or so front end and keep the components simple. That should be nice and whippy yet still capable of hitting the trails with your kids.

User Tag List