Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bikes!

Bikes!

Going to start bike commuting because the metro sucks and what would be a 25 min commute is now at least an hour with the latest metro disaster in our nation's fair capital.

Picking up an e bike later this month, anyone else bike commuting or just love to ride?

Haven't done much riding in the last 5 years so looking to get back into it and hopefully find some fun off road trails nearby.

Northern VA? If so, can point you in the direction of plenty of trails.

Yep, been a long-time cyclist and worked P/T as bike mechanic / salesman for a number of years. Prefer off-road riding, but really just love being on two wheels.

Lately have been riding with my older son at a weekly kids ride organized our local MTB club. Nothing better these days than riding with my wife and kids!

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Northern VA? If so, can point you in the direction of plenty of trails.

Yep, been a long-time cyclist and worked P/T as bike mechanic / salesman for a number of years. Prefer off-road riding, but really just love being on two wheels.

Lately have been riding with my older son at a weekly kids ride organized our local MTB club. Nothing better these days than riding with my wife and kids!
    Yup northern va, any pointers would be really appreciated!

Site Supporter
    Hard to figure if the OP is talking about an electric motorcycle or a bicycle.?
    Sounds like a bicycle, but, circumventing a 25 minute metro ride via bicycling seems like a big time commitment, so, I'm leaning towards e-Motorcycle..

ETA: Apparently... Wrong. lol.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-10-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Yup northern va, any pointers would be really appreciated!
    Well for off-road cycling I'd start you here to see what's near you: http://www.more-mtb.org/where-to-ride/. This is our local MTB club and they are very involved in the region. Lots of options for newbies and more experienced people. If you see specific trails you have questions on, please PM me and I can give you details on what I know.

Two great local shops are The Bike Lane and Bikenetic. The Bike Lane helps sponsor the kids group ride I mentioned above. They are great folks who put in a lot of hours supporting the local cycling community.

I worked with Jan, the owner of Bikenetic, and he is the type of person everyone loves. Really a super, straight-up guy. Besides having a great inventory of bikes, they also organize quite a few group rides. Cab't speak highly enough about him.

I did some cycling commuting for a while. Be prepared to get enraged daily by our local drivers!

Thank you sir! Fortunately the vast majority of my commute will be on the wo&d trail so I get some reprieve from our local drivers, I think 4 blocks is the actual share the road time I have to spend.

I bike commute 3-5 times a week. But my commute is 1-mile each way...so I'm probably not the right person to ask...

Just say no............and if you ignore that advice, be sure to wear a helmet.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 10-10-2016 at 11:39 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Does anybody know more about this bike? Seen it on a professional riders Instagram and it's exactly what I'm looking for.

i used to wannabe

Who was the rider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List