Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Bikes!

resurrecting the thread because reasons

Finally got the winter beater mountain bike built up and running just before winter leaves...but of course, I couldn't leave it even semi-stock.

Name:  Semi-Otto_V2.1_front_3q.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  Semi-Otto_V2.1_full_side.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  102.0 KB

i am slouching my way toward a Charlie Cunningham homage here. He is a visionary, and his spouse and test-rider Jacquie Phelan is a mountain bike racing legend.
    This bike rides like nothing else in the stable. So far it is a roll-over-anything beast and is faster than it looks.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 02-26-2017 at 09:28 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

New bike! First bike that wasn't motorized or a BMX bike.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Luke; 03-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    i used to wannabe

I love those single pivot frames.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

CPR and AED to one of my favorite thread...

Name:  IMG_2380.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  101.9 KB

Yeti ASRc latest configuration from the latest shred session.
    Last edited by MD7305; 09-10-2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Double tapped image

What fender is that?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What fender is that?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Z3...C2L&ref=plSrch

They're made of a really thin yet flexible plastic, kinda like what a milk jug is made of. You could probably find a DIY tutorial of how to make one. As talented a plastic blender as you are I bet you could make one super easy!

A little back-story...

For darned near 20 years, I've been using a little out of the way spot on USFS about 5 minutes from my house as a make-shift pistol range. Good back stop, not very frequently travelled, enough open space to get 35 yards or so. And it's accessed by an old dirt two track. Throw an assortment of steels, paper and target stands into the old Tacoma and I could be shooting drills or working on an assortment of arrays only a few minutes from my front door.

Early this summer, I noted a set of posts had been put up near the entrance of the two track. Fast forward another month and a new locked gate was installed with signage indicating only hikers, bikers and horseback riders could access the trail beyond. A few phone calls revealed the Forest Service had made a new land use agreement with the County to limit the area to non-motorized traffic only as part of a local trail development plan.

After some grumbling, pissing and moaning, I realized there was at hand at least a partial solution. And while not nearly as convenient as a truck, especially on days where there is a likelihood of inclement weather, my solution has allowed me to continue training close to home.

I may eventually upgrade the trailer itself to something slightly bigger, cooler and more hip like one of the Surly models (the "Bill" or "Ted") but this one allows me to carry my shooting bag, 4 or 5 target stands, paper, a few 8" steels (and their stands) and all the requisite sticks/posts; in effect, most everything I'd be bringing anyway.

Nice set up!
    I've got a Burley Bee for the kiddos, hadn't paid much attention to utility trailers but that looks handy.
    Name:  IMG_2031.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  104.3 KB

That trailer looks handy!

Just passed 1600 miles on my bike, not bad for almost a year of ownership.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List