Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GP100 Match Champion sight options?

Site Supporter
    I bought the fixed sight Match Champion today at the Rock Springs, WY Sportsman's Warehouse. Price was $840 with tax. The trigger is very good - certainly better than a S&W 686 SSR that was $100 more. In the box was a section of brass rod, presumably to replace the fiber optic rod in the front sight. I'll be interested to see how the factory fixed sights are regulated. Best, ELN.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Read your owner's manual before you go cutting the lens off your fiber optic. You might be looking at the pin that is included to insert in the hammer spring strut to facilitate disassembly.

Also, I'd at least field strip it and check the insides for debris before you do too many dry fires or shoot it much.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Read your owner's manual before you go cutting the lens off your fiber optic. You might be looking at the pin that is included to insert in the hammer spring strut to facilitate disassembly.

Also, I'd at least field strip it and check the insides for debris before you do too many dry fires or shoot it much.

Thats EXACTLY what that brass rod is for.

Dont be cuttin’ it!

I didnt care for the green so replced mine with a red pipe. Brownells is the place for pipes and brass rod if needed.

Enjoy!

Site Supporter
    Does anyone make a thinner front sight for the Match Champion ?

Site Supporter
    Wyoming got a fine revolver that'll smooth up nicely. One's grip and even stanch can affect point of impact. The shooter's position relative to the sun can also. Of course ammo can be a big factor. I urge patience as you learn your new gun if you are at first not pleased with poi.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Does anyone make a thinner front sight for the Match Champion ?
    According to Novak, the narrowest front sight they make is 0.125 inch. You'd have to find something else with a Novak dovetail and the taller revolver height.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Dawson Precision shows to have Fiber Optic front sights of various heights in both 0.100" and 0.125" widths for the GP 100.

[https://dawsonprecision.com/ruger-gp...-front-sights]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jamautry; 10-23-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    Dawson Precision shows to have Fiber Optic front sights of various heights in both 0.100" and 0.125" widths for the GP 100.

[https://dawsonprecision.com/ruger-gp...-front-sights]

Thanks but the Match Champion does not use the normal GP100 front sight mounting system. It is a Novak dovetail.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    According to Novak, the narrowest front sight they make is 0.125 inch. You'd have to find something else with a Novak dovetail and the taller revolver height.
    .125 would work as long as it has a "normal" sized FO rod.. The factory sight is .140 ish with a HUGE Fiber Optic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks but the Match Champion does not use the normal GP100 front sight mounting system. It is a Novak dovetail.
    Sorry about that. They have a ton of Novak cut front sights of all heights and widths.

User Tag List