Thread: Money Order Recourses

Site Supporter

Money Order Recourses

So, I found a supposed brand new in box revolver I'm interested in on Armslist, and got some funny feelings from it. I'm not going to pursue it since I think it's a scam, but for academic exercise, let's pretend I am.

Let's say I ignored the fact the seller's address is in Nebraska, the listing is for Georgia (made up town of "AB"), they want money order or Walmart money transfer, and that it's brand new-in-box for $200 less than street price.

Let's say I sent out the money order and it's cashed, but goods aren't shipped. Other than going to USPS to file a complaint with the inspector and get federal leo behind it, I don't see much/any recourse. In this case, maybe there will bring some heat and things get shipped, maybe someone goes to jail and I'm still out the money. If it's through a bank or western union, well, I haven't found anything regarding a way to get refunded on their websites and policies.

Am I wrong on this matter?

You should notify Armslist ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    So, I found a supposed brand new in box revolver I'm interested in on Armslist, and got some funny feelings from it. I'm not going to pursue it since I think it's a scam, but for academic exercise, let's pretend I am.

Let's say I ignored the fact the seller's address is in Nebraska, the listing is for Georgia (made up town of "AB"), they want money order or Walmart money transfer, and that it's brand new-in-box for $200 less than street price.

Let's say I sent out the money order and it's cashed, but goods aren't shipped. Other than going to USPS to file a complaint with the inspector and get federal leo behind it, I don't see much/any recourse. In this case, maybe there will bring some heat and things get shipped, maybe someone goes to jail and I'm still out the money. If it's through a bank or western union, well, I haven't found anything regarding a way to get refunded on their websites and policies.

Am I wrong on this matter?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I have always wondered if a LGS would hold your cash inspect the firearm make payment then ship the gun to you.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I'd imagine smaller ones would, but convincing the sellers to ship a firearm without payment would be the tough part. I know I sure wouldn't ship one without payment first.

My sense is the on-line brokerage world largely works on the honor system, scored by feedback, as on GunBroker. I stick to sellers with significant, positive feedback, as I am not looking for hassles.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List